Friday, March 15, 2013

The Sounds of Frustration

Argh. 

The sound of frustration that comes along w/ massive amounts of paperwork.

I'm losing track of days, and I don't feel like researching the calendar to figure at the moment. But a few days ago, I called our doc about required updated bloodwork/urine analysis and paperwork.   

Day 1- I stopped by w/ 2 toddlers to drop off paperwork (I knew it may take a few days) & schedule bloodwork appts.  I think I mentioned before, it will take SEVERAL days for the paperwork (which our Peds did in a matter of 2 hrs). Anyways, I couldn't schedule the bloodwork b/c they needed to know exactly what type of tests were required.  Ugh.

I emailed the agency, heard back w/in the hour (awesomeness).  And news was good.

So, tried the entire day to get in touch w/ someone to schedule at the docs...to no avail.  Seriously, I'm calling the doctor's office & can't get a person?  Work day ends.  Grrrr.

Day 2- I call & get a hold of someone.  They said, "You don't even need an appt, just come on in!" These are our hours.  So, excitedly, I plan to come in & leave K w/ my mother in law.  
Let's do this!
 I show up to a full waiting room.  But, I'm thinking, "Hey, I'm just here for like a 2 min. bloodwork session that doesn't require an appt.  I'll be in and out in no more than 20-30 mins."  Right?  Plenty of time to get G from school & K from my MIL. 
That's where I'd be wrong.
45 long minutes go by.  Nothing. 
I tell the receptionist I can't wait...and that I didn't realize I had to for so long.  I'd need to come back another time.  She tells me she's sorry, she should've told me today was going to be busy.  She was nice about it, but.....Irk.
Wasted time & inefficiency are major pet peeves for this mama. 

Day 3- I remind Cuban Daddy how urgent it is that we get this done.  He agrees & goes one morning, out of the way, thus making him late.  He waits for a bit, but then when he gets to the back, they ask him for 'written instructions' requiring him to get this.  Seriously, this is new info.  So, late for work, having no idea what they're talking about nor how to get it, he leaves.  Wasted time.  CD's not a fan either.  Teeth grind.  

I make several attempts at calls again, & finally find out that I can just bring our Dossier instruction packet for them to see the sentence that requires this lab work; and make themselves a copy.

Day 4- With G at school, K and I rush over there (once again) to a time she said should be good.  Skeptical.  This is totally how I felt waiting too, bud:


But we only waited about 10 mins in the waiting room.  Gave them our precious packet for them to make copies.  I made sure they made one for Cuban Daddy, and asked, "So, when he shows up, this will be easy for him, right?!?"  They assured me it would.  


Moved to the back, & waiting some more.  Ran out of things to keep K occupied, but he was okay.  He was so busy flirting with all the nurses that walked by, getting head pats, free stickers, and a big head?  Haha.  


And, it's done.  Praise the Lord!

Side Note: Getting your blood drawn & peeing in a cup...in a germy doctor's office...are SO much fun with a 3 year old boy.
Aye aye aye.

I'm thinking I should send him with CD when he goes just so he can enjoy the full experience. :)  



Celebrate the small victories, right?  Well, since this 'small step' was such a major hassle, K and I went to one of our fav (but rarely gone to) places for a lunch date...where they have my favorite sweet tea.

Making the whole thing worth it.
 Aahhh.

And that, my friends, that is the sound of victory.


One less step, 

~ 6 in Love ~



No comments:

Post a Comment