Monday, March 11, 2013

Approaching the Dossier Finish Line

Moving right along, we are.

Friday, I dropped off the kids' medical forms at their Pediatrician's office.  I just asked them to use the information from their physicals months ago to complete another form on letterhead.  Within HOURS, they called me to say that the letters were finished, complete with notarization. For free.  Are you kidding me?!  Who moves that fast?!  I'm so appreciative...they're awesome. If only all steps of the Adoption process could be so easy, there'd be a lot more babies in homes, with families.

I picked them up today; they were done perfectly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, I also stopped by mine & Cuban Daddy's 'Physician.'  I use this term lightly b/c the only time we've ever gone- and the only reason we have a physician- is for Adoption related stuff.  Ha.  (Thank God for good health!)  Anyways, I made the drive down there to drop off our forms, get K out of his seat & we march up to the door.  Locked.  
Hmm... sign clearly says that they close from 12 to 1pm for lunch.

And this is taken about 5 mins after testing the locked door.  
Please excuse the lifetime supply of car dust.

So, I'm confused.  It was a quarter til 12.  I called to the office & 'their answering service' (a woman) picked up.  The only information she was willing to give me - and kept repeating no matter what question I asked her- was that they were gone and would be back at 1:45.  Hmph.  No explanation.  No apologies.  Nothing.
A 2 hr lunch. 

Well, by that time, the kids would be napping.  And they'd be closed by the time they woke up.  
Frustrating.  It'd have to wait til Monday.

So, today, I went back...early this time.  I gave the lady at the front desk mine & CD's forms to be typed on letterhead, asking also that they use the information from the physicals done months ago.  I included a post-it w/ all the instructions, so I'm really hoping it's all done correctly.  
I was told there would be fees.  She didn't know how much.  Um, okay.
And that it would take 5-10 business days.
Seriously?

And I've been leaving messages all day, trying to get our labs/bloodwork/urine analysis scheduled- unsuccessfully.  But, it turns out there's no drug testing this time, so that's one less hassle.   

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, we've been waiting to hear back from our agency about our bank letter.  Today I heard back:  Even though it didn't say all that the instructions required of it, it was still satisfactory!  Big 'Praise God' here!  B/c if they wouldn't accept this letter, we were stuck.  B/c our bank WAS NOT budging & wouldn't give us a differently worded document.  
'Yay!' for not having to switch banks due to adoption paperwork guidelines!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, what's needed to finish Dossier now?

* Cuban Daddy is waiting on one piece of financial paperwork.
* He's also gathering official original copies of our documents (marriage license, etc.)
* We both need to have passport sized photos taken.  
* Waiting on Physician to call back to schedule labs/bloodwork.
* Get bloodwork done & get results.
* Get a few documents notarized.
* Get everything apostilled.
* Make 3 copies of everything.

And I think that's it!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so I saved the most incredible news for last....

Remember how I said that we needed $2,000 right away for the Translation fee (to be sent in right after the Dossier is mailed.)?
And remember how I said that our Adoption Account was nearing zero?

Well, I hadn't 'checked' the account...that's just what I had in my mind.  

Turns out, for the first time ever in my life (ha), I was wrong.  Happily, wrong.

Earlier, I had estimated Dossier costs b/c that's not something that we had an exact amount on.  Well, I had overestimated.  We hadn't used much of that money that was set aside for it.

So...last night, Cuban Daddy tells me...

We have enough money to cover the
 $2,000 in Translation fees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Can I get a whoop, whoop?!?!


This is so major.  It's such a blessing.  In my mind (and lying awake in my bed), I was already planning like 5 fundraisers to try to do in the next month to get the money asap.  
But, nope.  No rush.

The money's in the bank
.

Thank you, Lord.

Now, we are going to be fundraising b/c we need MUCH more as this process goes on.  But for now, we can focus solely on finishing the Dossier & getting on that list!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Doing a little Dossier dance, 

~ 6 in Love ~

No comments:

Post a Comment