Thursday, July 26, 2012

Somebody Needs a Nap

Another busy, fun Summery week, filled with


Mail: The kids receiving some special mail from loving family members.  
This one is being translated by Daddy, as it is from their Abuela & Abuelo!

 $1 movie (this was actually the previous week)- "Rio"
And note that K enjoyed it more than he appears here! Ha.

Some of our best buds joined us!

Some self-styling fashion 

Flowers for Mommy...picked by my little sweetie! 

Fun with my little buddy (who loves the camera...) 

Errands

Ridiculousness.
I said, "G, go get dressed.  Put new undies on."
She came out w/ several pairs stuffed in her clothes.
G: "You said put them ON...you didn't say where!"
Oh my, the sass. Ha!

Playgound time 


Playdates with friends: swimming, jumping on the trampoline, popcorn, movies, & toys (wow!) 


Gymnastics: G had her first trial/placement class at a new gym. (She's in orange, in the V-sit).
She absolutely loved it, did outstanding, and got placed in a class or two higher than I had expected! 

Family: We had a bi-annual family reunion, catching up with family & enjoying the best food ever!  
Silly faces with their Noni here
(now that I think of it, they did have at least 2 desserts!).

More food: A lunch date with Noni & Popi.
As you can tell, we were discreet & classy.

Friends: I had a rare, but oh-so-fun, girls night out w/ some of my besties from college!  

Shopping: Had to make a trip to Babies R Us for a deal on 'Squeezy fruits": K insisted on rocking his shades-indoors.  Which is made especially cool accompanied by a tiny raisin box.
G helping with my backpack. 

Photos: I had the privilege of photographing my good friend's beautiful little girls while the kids & I got to hang out w/ them.  I'm having too much fun editing these photos! 

  Sibling love: I'm trying to teach K to stop taking his shoes off in the car, so I didn't give his shoes back to him when we got home. G was afraid he'd burn his feet so she tried to carry him. 
 (Don't be silly...I wouldn't let those sweet baby feet burn!)

Babies.  Lots and lots of babies.  Good practice for #3 & #4? 

Sleep. (J/K, so no improvement there, but it sure is cute to watch G get K up from his nap.)
Cracking each other up-  

Monkeyin' around  at another park: 

More food & more friends (I'm seeing a trend here...)  

Another $1 movie & lunch with a couple of our favorite people! 

Playdate with our awesome pals:  


...with lots of love & hugs! 
  

Imagination:
G & K hid under the towels, laughing & yelling, 
"We're the jertains under your curtains!" ~ Dr. Seuss
*Any one able to name that book? 

Summary:  I believe it goes w/o saying that we love to have fun, visit with friends & family, eat, get a good deal, act silly, learn somewhere along the way, 
and just be together.
Yes, super busy.  But just the way I like it.  And the kids too.  
They wake up in the morning & from naps asking w/ huge smiles on their face,
"Where are we going?!  What are we doing now?!" 

Clarification: this has not been a typical week.  (Um, I wish!).  We are squeezing the most we can out of our short summer.  We love taking advantage of getting to see our friends & spend time with people we love before all of the hustle & bustle starts up again with the school year.  I'm all about experiences, opportunities, living life to the fullest, and seizing the day.  Now, don't get me wrong.  Sometimes Rarely, we stay home.  But that's just if the piles of dishes & laundry call so loudly, I can no longer ignore them.  I'm not a mom that does all of this b/c I feel like it's what I *need* to do to be a great mom.  It's not about anyone else.  I just really enjoy doing this stuff with my kids.  They are amazing.  It's worth every bit of work (packing bags in the morning, finding a new place for K to pee when we're out- immediately!, answering a million questions when I'm not singing to the "kids' CD" for the millionth time in the car, being persistent about enforcing good behavior, dealing with potential crankiness if we have a late naptime, etc...)

Confession: My kids behave better in public than they do at home.  Bonus!  ;)

But to me, this is my priority.  Every mom has different ones- as they should- we are all created uniquely.  And we all have different situations that allow us- or prevent us- from doing certain things.  I feel very blessed at this point in life, to be able to do what I love, what I want to do more than anything- raise my babies & spend as much time with them as possible. I know they are only this little for so long.  We thank God for providing us that opportunity, because it is with faith in Him that we can do that.  And thank you, Cuban Daddy, for ALL of your amazing hard work, day and night, to provide this life for us.  
Shameless plug: 
Anyone need a really great (hot) Realtor?!
--------------------------------------------------------

See, we DO stay home! (Okay, I'll admit, we had friends over, but still!)
These little mini pizzas were pretty yummy, but I think G & K enjoyed making them even more than eating them!  My spin on a Pinterest-y recipe. 


Still playing 'hair':

"Fishtail" 

Double french braids into a side braid 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

And after a week like that, anyone need a nap?





Anyone?


~ 6 in Love ~


4 comments:

  1. I know that book! There's a Wocket in my Pocket. :) Years of babysitting . . . ;)

    You are such a great mama. It's clear your kids are some of the happiest around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, Claire, you win! ;) These kiddos love Dr. Seuss.

      Thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete
  2. So I so so wish that you lived closer! C and I rarely stay home also. I have friends that think I am totally crazy, but that is just what we like to do! aaaaannnndddd she acts way better while we are out then if we are sitting at home. If we are at home she is literally following me around whining. Wish we could have regular play dates, that we be fun! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Em- that would be so fun! Would love to be able to play w/ you guys! Glad to see another mom 'on the go', haha. I love seeing pics of Charli...she's just TOO cute!

      Delete