Wednesday, July 18, 2012

G: "Why Did He Have to Die?"


I guess it's super question week!

Earlier today, barely 4 year old G asked something about her and K being in my tummy.  I said that God put them in my tummy.  She said, "So when I was in there, Jesus rubbed your tummy and made me giggle, right?" with a huge smile on her face.  I just kind of smiled & said 'Maybe so!' but she was relentless, "No, He did." 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then tonight, a few minutes after I tucked G in, she called me: (it was storming a little)

G: "Mommy!  I had to ask you if the thunder is like the angels playing, well what are they doing to cause it to rain?"
Me- "Um, I don't know.  That's a good question.  It's late now, go to sleep."

G: "But, why did Jesus have to die on the cross?"  
Me:  Surprised, but not imagining passing this moment up!  Shared the elaborate story involving TONS of questions on her part, which of course I was so happy to answer!  I loved getting to tell her the summarized story of Jesus' life, death, and resurrection.  How He died so that we might live, be forgiven, and have eternal life in Heaven. She soaked it up.

G: "Where was I & how big was I when Jesus died?"
Me: "You weren't born- you weren't created yet."

G: "Do you think I just sat there little, wiggled and prayed & said "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus..." while I waited to be born?  And did that make Jesus happy to hear me pray to Him like that?"

G: "Do you think when the bad people were making Jesus die on the cross that He was sad?"  

G: "Did He want his Daddy God?"

G: "Did He say, "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy...?"

G: "Jesus was perfect and I want to be like Him. I will try really hard every day to be just like Him."
(Yes, I explained that all of us are imperfect, but that, yes, we should strive to be like Him.)
Me:  "I think that would make God's heart really happy."
G: "Why does God have a heart?  How did He get one?"

G: "Do you think that I can dream about Him now?"


Wishing my sweetheart the sweetest of dreams, 

~ 6 in Love ~


No comments:

Post a Comment