Monday, July 16, 2012

Flying By This Week

Now I realize why summers fly by.  
Because our weeks look like this:

G's been begging to try dance.  So we did a week of dance camp.  She loved it as much as she thought she would! ha. By the end of each class, the teacher said she was 
nearly falling asleep! Here's our cute little dancer 
(who enjoyed all the outfits possibly as much as the dancing itself?).  


Fancy hair day 

Her first REAL burrito (yes, this is a child sized one!)- her choice for a lunchdate with Mommy after class: 

"We did this!" (no, she didn't dance in these shoes): 

A little spunky 

Last day! 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
K and I had some great quality time while G went to dance camp.  

We played pretend (this is, in fact, a motorcycle): 

Went to a $1 movie! 

I mean, cutest date ever, or what?!?!?! 

Seriously held hands the whole 1st half of the movie. Second half?  On my lap.  
THE best 1 1/2 hrs. 

Errand- running 

We bought G some flowers for her dance 'performance,' grocery shopped, 
and went to his gymnastics class.

Played at the park: 



Played soccer (w/ our hands?): 
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Pinterest.  Need I say more?  (If you haven't discovered this site, you NEED to.  It's amazing.  Lately, I've been loving the recipes, and the kids love helping me make them!  
(Sorry the pics are out of order...and I don't feel like moving them.  Lazy.)

The kids and I made this, although I totally guessed the amounts of each ingredient.  Yummy.
(see pic below) 

Made a few breakfast casseroles. Kids sat on the counter for over an hour!  We kept 1 1/2 casseroles to munch in the fridge.  The rest, I cut in individual portions, wrapped in wax paper, then foil, labeled, and stuck in the freezer.  We need easy, we need quick, & this works. 

Haven't tried this, but I SO am:

We sorta estimated amounts here too, but made the pops.  
Kids loved licking the mixer & will try the popsicles tomorrow! 

Tried my first ever Peach Cobbler, and I have to admit, it was good!!  
PC is one of my favorite desserts ever. 
(And, yes, this was made before I started the diet. Blah.)

Breakfast casserole: Spinach, Eggs, Moz. Cheese (& I added onions) 

Breakfast casserole: Sausage, ched. cheese, egg, hashbrowns, and yes, onions again.

Helping me 'clean up' after making fudgesicles: 

The peanut butter/yogurt/honey/cinnamon dip w/ apples.  They loved it! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can probably tell, G's hair is down to her tushy.  Mine was always the same growing up...um, until I was 23 actually.   We must have fast-growing-hair genes?  Anyways, I love it & I love that she looks like 'a little girl' w/ it. :)  I taught myself to french braid maybe a year ago?  And since, have had so much fun experimenting w/ her hair.

Beach/pool 'do that lasts a couple days:

Jazzy dance bun w/ braids:

Fun for gymnastics: 

Knotty dance bun: 

Other ideas I want to try: 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

And some time together!!!

Some friends invited us over for a swim (which we ended early due to lightning...yikes!) & the kids were thrilled to swim, play w/ her super sweet, adorable boys, and eat massive amounts of popcorn!  =)  

And, Cuban Daddy made it home before bed a couple of nights...can you tell?  
"Mommy, look what Daddy did!"  They were so proud... Ha! 

And, since it's summer, we've been sleeping SO much.  Yeah.  Who'm I kidding?  
These cute boogers are up by 6 am every rnorning! 

Silly doing lollipop high fives 

They wanted a pallet (sp?) & a movie. 

Silly faces (He was about to have "Daddy Day" & was SO excited!)  He thought time w/ Daddy meant they were going to go biking (duh), but they had a flat tire! :(  Ice cream & soccer was just as fun!

I caught a cute baby lizard for G to hold.  She loved it!  And didn't squish it...thank you, Jesus! 

"Holding the baby" after church. 
 If you like her cutest-flipflops-ever & matching bow, my mom made them! 

Fun outing with Mommy. 

We got balloons, which is always exciting (um, for them atleast). 
G's blew away in the parking lot before we got in the car.  A sweet girl, who had 2 balloons, witnessed the event & G's massive tear flow & crossed the parking lot to give her one.  So thankful for parents who are teaching their children kindness, unselfishness, & compassion.  What a sweet girl!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I get to spend every day of summer 
with these two!! 

Amazing, fun quality time with my 2 babies.  That's the good part.  

The bad part?

I'm struggling to find (any) time for this:

ADOPTION PAPERWORK

(This is me picking up our final, official, notarized Psych evals- an hour's drive away.)

This is what we've done so far in the Adoption process.  
No, these aren't copies; these are ALL seperate documents!


To be perfectly honest, I'm having a really hard time balancing being a very present, involved, great mom to G & K, a good wife & friend, keeping a decently clean home, feeding us healthy meals, keeping up with laundry & shopping, keeping chiropractic appts, 
sleeping (who am I kidding, once again), etc....
Oh, and completing the completely overwhelming, outrageous amount of paperwork awaiting.  Such a hard time, I haven't even been able to start our Dossier.  First of all, I have to make some calls tomorrow, b/c I'm confused on a few aspects of it and don't know where to start.  Hoping to work some things out tomorrow so I can get on it.  

Much of the Dossier is time sensitive.  Which means we need to do it now!  And, not only that, once we start, we have to finish quickly 
(again, due to the time sensitive nature of everything...papers 'expire.').  

I was really hoping to be finished with it by the end of August, which is like 6 weeks away.  I think we'd be ambitious to get it done by then, but never say never, right?  Right? 
(*I'm needing some convincing right about now...)

Feeling kind of down about the whole thing.  
Relying on His strength, guidance, favor, and His perfect plan.
-------------------------------------
I am currently the mom of G & K.  They need me now.

I am in the process of being the mom of two more.  They need me now too.  
Only they can't come home until I get this work done.

And that is hard to swallow.



I'm trying, babies, I'm trying.



Hurrying to wait, 

~ 6 in Love ~




No comments:

Post a Comment