Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Just Your Typical Crazy

Just your typical crazy day.


First of all, I'm so thankful to have family nearby. I called on my mom to come sit with the kids this morning while I ran a couple of non-toddler-friendly errands in the rain.  When she got here (biscuits in tow & kiddos chanting her name- haha!), I took off.  Good thing she thought to bring breakfast b/c they were still in jammies & I don't think what they had eaten this morning qualified as 'breakfast.' ;)  


 Rushed to the Doctor's office to get a 10 panel drug screening done- for the Home Study.  Being as naive as I apparently am, I was worried she was going to have to take like 10 tubes of blood or something. Remembering I hadn't eaten or drank anything all morning, I grabbed a water at the drive thru, so I won't be dehydrated when they try to get the needle in.   I get there & they take me to the back, down hallways...not the regular lab.  I'm thinking this is serious.  She puts on gloves, lots of paperwork, very 'official.'  Has me empty my pockets, lock my purse in a cabinet, & go into a strangely bare bathroom to pee in a cup.  Following all but one of the rules (Oops, I forgot & flushed! She forgave me...at least I think she did.), I finish.  I finally asked, "Do you have to draw a lot of blood?"  She smiles, "Nope, this is it."  Alrighty then.  *Cuban Daddy has his tomorrow.  I'm thinking I should tell him they take TONS!  He hates needles, the big baby.*  So,  I sign more forms, unlock purse, and then head to the front to get my official paperwork signed.  After lots of discussion among the staff (guess we're opening eyes in this small town) on when they can sign, they decide they can't sign until my results get back.  I didn't feel like arguing, so I left the form to pick up when the results came in.  I was tight on time & I was sure I had an extra copy!  Results should be in in 48 hours; we'll have to pick up forms at that time.  


Cost: $48 for me, $48 for Cuban Daddy






Rush towards home - I had 15 minutes to pick up Roxy & get her to the Vet.  My 10 minute drive  was through winding little back roads (which I really love...I do!), but w/ awful cell phone reception.  It's at this time that the 911 county office calls me & is trying to explain what they  need me to do today.  Cuban Daddy was the one handling this, & I didn't even know he had started the process of getting all 911 calls from us in the last 5 years documented.  For the Home Study...but, of course.  So I pretended like I knew what was going on & through our broken reception, was able to give her my email address.  She scanned & emailed a different form to me for us to fill out. I  forwarded it to CD, who printed, filled out, & scanned it back to her.  We needed that done today b/c it could take 3 business days for the results, & we need it by the weekend.  Whew.  



Cost: $?  When I see my husband, I'll try to ask.  Working Machine is at it again.










Anyways, so Roxy has to have her vaccinations updated (& apparently so are our kids.  But...that's another story.)  & we need paperwork documenting that this week.  For the Home Study, of course.  Fortunately, she did great on the ride over, although a little nervous.  She did even better in the vet with all the animals and people!  Praise the Lord, b/c I'm pretty sure she could go anywhere she wanted to go.  That pup is strong!!  She was so well behaved, happy & wagging her tail at everyone & everydog?  She was like the huge baby of the place, sprawling out on her back at everyone's feet to be petted.  It was pretty hilarious.  They mostly had lap dogs & mine's the rotten one.  Full of attention & vaccines, we headed back.  Happy to report the fatty has lost 15 lbs.  She's only 80 lbs now & looking good!  CD cut down on her food & she's not stealing Sky's anymore. :(  All shots updated.  Had to work for it, but got the vaccination print out.  After exactly one hour of large-dog-wrangling, we headed home.  She was a champ.


Cost: $110




And our next adventure this week: to have our house's septic tank inspected for the Home Study.  Because that makes perfect sense.  

Cost: $ CD's hoping to get it done for free.  We'll see!
*** UPDATE: Nope.  Rushing over to the county's environmental health office to fill out a form & pay $100.  Hoping they can get out here this week!!  ***


So, yeah, I know that was probably a lot of boring details.  My attempt was to shed some light on what the work of "one form" is actually like.  Each of these represents just "one form" in the HUGE stack that we have to go through each time we have a batch of paperwork due.   It's really crazy.  I feel like I'm drowning in it sometimes.  And although I'm an organized person, I just have piles of paperwork on the sofa.  It's NOT organized, but it's there!  And I guess that's the most important part.  We just add to it when we cross one more off the list.  


And all of those "Costs" were not factored into the $35,000 estimated adoption expenses.  

This week I've been thinking about some BIG "Costs" that we will incur that are not factored in:


* Bigger house (Would really love, but I don't guess is100% necessary)
* Bigger car (Absolutely needed w/ 4 kids)
* And, yes, many more.  As is the case with any family whose family is growing by 2!  ;)


Just trusting in the Lord to provide.  As He always does.  He is faithful.




And, again, I say: 


 It's all for them.  And it's all worth it.

~ 6 in Love ~

*** Oh, I've received a couple of ADOPT T-shirt pics...thanks!  So cute.  Keep 'em coming!  peachzyo@hotmail.com












No comments:

Post a Comment