Sunday, June 24, 2012

Dossier, Sippys, & T-Shirts

Just a quick update to let you know what's going on 
in our world of adoption.  

1. Our social worker said that our Home Study was mailed to Dillon/Buckner on Monday. (a week tomorrow)  Yes!!  So, I've been in contact w/ Dillion/Buckner, and as of a couple of days ago they hadn't received it yet.  I'm not worried about it.  I did ask about the next step, thinking we'd need to wait a few weeks before doing anything (awaiting Home Study approval).  However, the next day I was emailed this:


And wouldn't you know?  The INSTRUCTIONS for this packet (the official paperwork that will be sent for approval to Honduras)  are 28 pages long.  Oh yes, I said the Instructions!  I almost started crying as I was skimming through it.  It is so totally overwhelming. SO many "has to be in..." "must be done by..."  etc.  The most stressful part about it seems to be the timing.  I've read other blogs & sites where this is mentioned, but I didn't totally get it.  For instance, everything has be be 'dated' (done) w/ in three months of them receiving our Dossier documents.  So, ALL of the doctors appointments, bloodwork, fingerprints, Home Study, official copies, EVERYTHING has to be dated & we have to get this gigantic packet DONE & they have to receive it before everything 'expires.'  Well, I have to ask a lot of questions & reread for clarification, but it appears that Cuban Daddy & I (who had our dr. appts the end of Feb/begin March) are already going to have to get them done again- and I'm sure insurance won't pay again. And who knows what else.  It's like a rush & wait game.  Some of it will be out of our control, I'm sure.  But so much of it is going to be up to ME coordinating it all, not leaving any parts out, contacting all the right people, making appts, requesting documents, etc.  and getting it ALL - every sheet- notarized.  A friend of mine who has done this before, has enlightened me that there are people that do this for a living! I can hire someone to help me.  And although I'm thrifty, I'm thinking this may be necessary!  The program is so particular that things can't be stapled or stamped in the wrong place or it will be sent back.  And back.  And back.  Until done correctly.  I'm a do-it-right-the-first-time type, so I'm going to research & see if I can find some help!!  (Wonder if they'll also help w/ the endless piles of dishes & laundry, a million toddler bathroom trips, educating & playing w/ my babies, keeping the house clean, cooking, grocery shopping...  No?)


2. Sippys 4 Siblings change is still coming in, and we are so grateful!  Today, the kids & I finally made it to church.  We had missed several weeks due to work schedules, vacation, etc. And we really missed it!  We came home with 3 of the cups below!!!


Oh my gosh, we feel so blessed.  All of this adds up & helps so much.  We are so touched that our church family- many who don't even know us personally- would take the time, effort, & money to help us bring the babies home.  And, since I don't know whom to thank- thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

3. We still have ADOPT T-shirts available in Adult & Child sizes, in both purple and green.  Adult sizes are $20 each, and Child sizes are $15.  Every penny goes towards adoption expenses!  Please let me know if you want one.  





Those are the updates for now.  

G'night!

~ 6 in Love ~




No comments:

Post a Comment