Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Yard Sale in Photos

In a previous post, I told you about our amazingly successful Yard Sale.  
I was rushed and didn't have time to post pictures, so here they are!  

Cuban Daddy and my little brother, Cam.  They did all the lifting, loading, and unloading from our house to my aunt & uncle's house on Thursday night.  
We shall refer to them as "the muscle."

Bright 'n early Friday morning (but we're up *early* in our house EVERY morning, so no biggie), the kids were pretty excited about 'breakfast in the wagon.'  Worked great b/c they thought it was fun, & we knew where they were the whole time we were unloading the garage and setting up the sale.  Win, win.  As soon as we finished setting up, Cuban Daddy took them to my OTHER aunt & uncle's house, where they kept the kids until afternoon naptime.  We SO appreciate all of our family pitching in to help us so much!

Our family of four:

And again 

Getting ready for the sale to start.  Crazy enough, several people had already shown up an HOUR before the sale was set to start! 

Cuban Daddy & Georgia Peach ;) 

We are seriously in awe of all that has been done (1) to help us (2) to bring 2 orphans into our forever family.  You guys are amazing. 

Some of the sale

The entire day Friday we were slammed!  It was just my mom and I most of the day, and we had no idea it would be as busy as it was.  Ridiculous...in the best way!  I'm such a *planner* that is really, really, really bothered me that we didn't have anything priced at first.  Here there were tons of people & no prices.  Shoot me now...it was horrible.  Fortunately my mom rocks in situations like that.  I sent every single question her way until we had it labeled.  Makes my skin crawl reliving it.  I'm a wimp when it comes to that I guess. But, it didn't slow us down...we sold, sold, sold!  I snuck out about an hour after it started to put a couple of signs up. (We were one of the only houses on that street doing the sale, and didn't want to be missed!).  Friday looked like this most of the day: yes, ALL of those cars were there for our sale.  I even had to ask people to move their cars b/c they couldn't get through.  Awesome! 

* And remember that we only started with about 5 grocery bags to give people to put their purchases in (we lost the huge bag we had saved...I think it must be in my garage or something).  We gave people bags ALL day Friday...and Saturday for that matter...and never ran out.  We ended the day with about 10 bags left over.  You do the math.  #GodMultiplies

We raised $800 Saturday!!!

After barely recovering from Friday, we thought "Oh my gosh, what's Saturday going to be like?"  The sale started an hour earlier & Cuban Daddy & I were the only ones on 'set up' duty...w/ the babies!  So, we started a little frazzled.  CD left the house to go set up & I was to follow up w/ the kids...running late.  We got in the car and started driving when I realized my gas was WAY below empty!!!  Yes, this is actually what the gauge looked like.  I'm sitting at a stop sign when I took this picture.  I was praying the whole time, "Please, God, don't let us run out of gas!"  I could only imagine what was going to happen if we were stuck & CD had to do all the set up on his own...or either stop and come get us, leaving the sale unmanned and unsetup (word?).  We made it to the gas station!  

During the sale Saturday, a friend from church came by to drop off their Sippys 4 Siblings donation & sippy cup.  How sweet!  Soon after, one of my former students came by to find us.  To say hi and to pick up a Sippy cup to start collecting change.  Whoops...I had forgotten to bring Sippys to the sale! :/  But, I had the Sippy just turned in!  How great is our God?

My Aunt Lyn, who so sweetly donated our 'yard' for the weekend, was a big help!

I figured it wouldn't hurt to bring a few of my hand painted canvases to the sale.  We had sold so much Friday, we had some empty space! 

My little bro, Cam & his amazing new wife, Deana, were helpful beyond belief for this sale.  They totally went above and beyond with their offers to help.  Donating items, setting up, working the sale Saturday, bringing us lunch, cleaning and loading up, letting us use their truck...I mean, seriously!

Green & Purple representing! 

Cleaning up after a tiring day 2... They got ice cold Pibbs as payment.  I think they deserve a raise!  Seriously, we could not have done it without ALL of their help! (*My Uncle Jeff is on the right...thanks for lending us the house & yard for the weekend, & for all of your help!)

Our Saturday crew...minus my mom & dad...& me. 

We made another $277 on Saturday!

As I mentioned in the previous Yard Sale post, my amazingly kind great Aunt & cousins held a Yard Sale of their own...on their side of town on the same day.  And...they told everyone about our situation, had posters & flyers, and Sippys 4 Siblings sippy cups everywhere!  They donated the proceeds of the sale to US!  What in the world?  For all of you have had a Yard Sale of your own, you know the work that it takes to pull it off.  The prep, the long days, the clean up...and to do it not for yourself?  Doing it all to help someone else.  Makes me want to cry just thinking of the generosity again.  We are truly touched and blessed by them & their love for us...and our new babies!  

Yard Sale cash!  I found myself shaking my head and laughing aloud just holding this.  Yeah, alone, in the car outside the bank.  I was in total awe of the weekend we had just had & the overwhelming success of the Yard Sale.  Thank you, Jesus.


This is us.  This is our crazy life. 
And we can't wait to add 2 more to our clan!

Humbled by your love, support, and God's faithfulness, 

~ 6 in Love ~

No comments:

Post a Comment