Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Good & The Bad

Quick Updates (b/c all I have to offer you tonight...and probably this week...is 'quick'):

The good:
Cuban Daddy & I had our back to back interviews with the social worker.  And they went really well! (Or so we think...ha!)  Thanks for the prayers.  Confirmed how much we like her.  She's awesome!  Made us feel super comfortable.  Unfortunately my allergy to cats forced us to have our nearly 1 1/2 hour interview out in the mid day heat.  Whew!  I hope she thought I was sweating from the heat of the sun & not the questions!  ;)  My favorite part was reliving mine & his 'how we met' & dating life.  So she asked- after all that, "Why marry him?" My response: "He's perfect."     (*Remind me to tell you about our first date sometime*)


The bad:
I didn't realize JUST how much more paperwork this Home Study requires.  It's a lot.  Shocker, right?  I mean, we already turned in the intro packet for the Home Study (No this is not App #2 if you've been following...totally unrelated...that's another.)  I showed CD tonight & he said, "But I thought we were done w/ paperwork." I love him.  My response, "No, I just told you that so you would be able to get through the first one."  :) 


The good:
Remember our awesome social worker is working us in to complete our interviews in one week??  This way we can get things done quicker.


The bad:
We have to get things done quicker.


The good:
G's birthday is in less than a week.

The bad:
I'm planning a 4 year old's bday festivities while trying to finish the Home Study...in a week.  



And not just the packet, but tonight we realized we also need to do this w/in the week, as part of the H.S.:

* We both need to be drug tested.  Really hoping caffeine is not one of them.

* We need to get our dog, Roxy, updated on her vaccines & submit her paperwork.  This one is bonkers to me.  (*And if someone would just take her, we could skip this step.  Anyone? Anyone?)
* We both need to have psychological evals done.  Didn't realize the quickness of this one.  We just received the paperwork & instructions for it today
* We need to complete 10 hours of 'educational training' from approved adoption education websites & submit those documents.  (Again, this is not the 'pre adoption online seminar.  Yep, gotta do that one too.)
* We need to investigate where to turn a 911 Call History form in to have that checked out & get that done.  
* There are two references we didn't realize we need.  Those two chosen people are going to just love our last minute request for that one.  
* We were given a DVD we need to watch & will discuss at the next interview.  I'm actually looking forward to watching it, but it's time, nonetheless.


The good:
G's pediatrician check up form was received by the agency.


The bad:
K's was not.  Hoping they kept a copy at the doctor's & we don't have to redo that one.  It was months ago.  Sheesh.  


The good:
We received our official acceptance letter from Buckner today.


The bad:
It included the bill for a $3500 payment in addition to a $500 one we didn't see coming.


The good:
I'm getting things on 'my list' done.

The bad:
Sleep didn't make the list.


Thoughts & prayers always appreciated!
I'm gonna need about 10 more hours in my day.

~ 6 in Love ~

No comments:

Post a Comment