Friday, July 5, 2013

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was really special this year for several reasons.

I love nothing more than getting to be a Mommy.  
G & K are my world.
I thank God all the time that he chose me, although undeserving, to get to be their mom.
Truly, they are a gift to me.

*And I understand, as many of you do, what it is like to lose a baby, as we miscarried our first one early on.  And although it was the most difficult thing I've ever been through, our faith in God only grew, and now we appreciate the lives of G & K so, so much.  

My mom is my hero.
She raised my 2 brothers and I with so much love.  She poured everything into us, and and I am so thankful for her sacrifices and what she taught us.
I'm fortunate to get to live only minutes away, and now, not only is she an awesome 'Noni' to our little ones, but she's also my best friend.  

I'm incredibly humbled - and completely shocked (to say the least) - because our church chose me as a representative of all of our church's mothers this year (a 'mom of the year' type thing).  They honored me with a super special video that was shown during service on Mother's Day.  It featured Cuban Daddy speaking and  G & K running around (so cute!) & yelling,  'Happy Mother's Day!".  I mean, I was completely clueless that they had done that, and was in awe when I saw them up on the screen.  What in the world?!  Embarrassed as all get out, we walked on stage, and accepted flowers and a gift/card from the Pastor & staff.  What a special, surprising, and undeserved honor.  
What I LOVED though, was that they highlighted our desire & journey to adopt!  This was a main focus of the video, and I'm SO happy about that!  Cuban Daddy and I have talked many times about our desire to spread awareness about orphans and adoption. The best part about the whole thing was when someone walked up to us after service, and said that we had indeed inspired others with our journey to adopt; that others had seen our faith in the situation (adopting 2 children, beginning with not a single cent...b/c our God is that great...) and are reminded not to let finances limit them.  Yes!!!  Thank you, Lord.  
I receive the honor, knowing that it's not about me at all; it is all about Him.  To Him be the glory in everything we do.  And if I am a vessel in which He can bring awareness about His children in need of families, I am happy to be just that.  

I was able to spend the day with my family.  
And...I was able to take all the pics I wanted, w/o grief from anyone (Cuban Daddy!) 


My family, at church, after service








My sister in law, my mom, G & me - out to lunch


With my beautiful mom


Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms & future moms out there!

~ 6 in Love ~



No comments:

Post a Comment