Friday, July 19, 2013

G is 5


My 5 year old baby girl.
Our 'Little Bit,' G.

She has the most pure heart of anyone I've ever met.  Always wanting to do right & please others.  She is kind and thoughtful, compassionate and generous.  Loving in every way.  Joyful.  She has the best gut laugh ever. She loves to act goofy and make her parents & grandparents laugh.  And once she's got you laughing, boy, she keeps it coming!  She likes to tell jokes and picks up on others' humor quickly.  Her memory is nothing short of amazing...it's like she never forgets anything.  She will remind me of things from years ago that she remembers- crazy details that even I had forgotten. (Then again, I couldn't tell you what was for lunch yesterday, so...).  She'll learn the lyrics & tune of a song after only hearing it a few times.  She is an amazing big sister to K; she takes care of him in every way.  Smart as a whip; a problem solver.  She's creative and artistic.  Always loving books, she learned to read at age 4, and has sort of 'self taught.'.  You can't spell anything in 'code' around her now - busted!  She gets 'tummy aches' when she's nervous, and doesn't like attention from a lot of people.  She's timid when in a new place or with new people, but friendly when she's comfortable.  The exception to that is that she loves to model!  She's little miss fashion, who insists on choosing her own outfits & coordinating accessories. Oh so curious.   Boo-boos are major big deals...a crisis even... and bandaids are always good to have on hand. She will hear a new word once, and then use it correctly in the next conversation.  She's a little passive, and likes to follow friends' ideas.  She takes some  nudging to get her out of her comfort zone.  She 'reads' people easily.  She's tiny for her age, but mentions several times a day how big she is & how much she's grown.  (I'm thinking you might top out at 5"2, Miss Thing.)  Great at puzzles. A natural gymnast.  Not naturally aggressive in the least, but she surprised us on the soccer field.  She love, love, loves babies - both real and dolls. Little mama.  She's extra sensitive and tender-hearted, getting her little feelings hurt easily. She almost never gets in trouble; she desperately tries not to!  She loves the playground, going on adventures, and playing outside.  Dresses- she'd wear one every day if she could. Big fan of 'sweets.'  She's a detailed planner. 
(So sorry, my child.  So many of these things you get from me.) 
 This girl who made me a mother.  She has taught me so much.  One of those thing being that I still have so much to learn.  She keeps me humble.  With her, I see my failures and I see her forgiveness.  Her heart breaks mine.  I am truly honored that God would choose me to be the Mommy to this most special gift.  I'm so proud of her & so in love. 
 (In case you didn't get that?)








My beautiful, clever, sweet, loving girl.
Happy 5th Birthday.

You are SO loved.


~ 6 in Love ~ 


No comments:

Post a Comment