Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Secret Step: County 2

The babies (#1 & #2) were home with me all day today (yes!).  I didn't want to spend our time together driving all over the place to get the entire Dossier's notary certifications done, but thought we should do at least one.  

So, we hung out this morning around the house, & then headed out to the nearest COUNTY 2.  In the craziness of all, I nearly left the house without the paperwork.  Aye aye aye.  

And because I feel like everything we do is an adventure (haha), today was no different.  By the time I got us out of the house, I knew it would be cutting it close to noon by the time we got there, and as I've learned before, they close from 12-1 for lunch.  Yikes.  

Again, this place is huge, a large parking lot, a few difft buildings, security, where to go in?  According to my clock, the kids and I had 4 MINUTES to get out of the car and find the right place.  You better bet I was praying (and possibly yelling, "Run!!" And it may have been funny to watch.).  Wrong building.  Run again.  Thru security, trying to act calm.  Find the room, door unlocked, no sign, and there's one person in 'line' and 2 workers.  
Score.  We made it.

So, I wrangled & repeatedly threatened K patiently waited for about 5 minutes. The person in front of me leave the desk, and you guessed it.  The lady working says with a big, giant smile on her face, "I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm closed.  I just have to go to lunch."  Oh lawd.

Me: "Are you serious?" (as in, You saw me waiting here, 3 feet away, this whole time and chose to not tell me that until now?  and We high-tailed it here to be one person too late?)

Then the angel (aka: the other worker) pipes in: "I'll take you."  Oh, thank you, Jesus.
  
I proceed to dig thru the Dossier finding all notarized documents for this county.  There were only 3.  She did it & didn't charge me.  I didn't think of that until we were driving home.  Not sure if that's how this particular county works, or if she just forgot.  

Regardless, we did it!

2 counties down, 2 to go.


Halfway thru the secret step, 

~ 6 in Love ~

Obviously thrilled to be posing for this pic "#2"


Making wishes (which I don't believe in, but I do believe in prayer!) b/c how can you pass up a fountain?
K wished for "A motorcycle....or an alligator," and G wished for "a fountain like this in her bedroom."
Clearly, there may be some disappointment in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment