Friday, April 26, 2013

Doing the Dossier: Next Stop, Apostilling!

All Cuban Daddy has to do is copy one form on the back of another.  
(Should be easy enough, right?!)

Then... we are DONE with the Dossier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have figured out all of the little snags we ran into, corrected any *incorrect* copies, & picked up a certified warrenty deed (the last form needed).  I received my $64 State official Birth certificate (What?!) in the mail Monday. 

I finally received a call back from the Secretary of State's office.
The helpful guy went thru EVERY document with me, asking questions, etc. From what he could tell, we are GOOD to go!  He did say that most people have to make 2 trips b/c they're missing something.  Let's hope & pray we are not 'most people!'  

We'll make copies of everything this weekend.

Then I plan on taking the Dossier to ATL on either Monday or Tuesday to have it all Apostilled.  He said to drop it off one morning & pick it up a couple of hours later.  I think I can do that.

Then, make more copies.

Then, mail to Buckner! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so, so, so ready to get rid of this thing.  

Please pray all goes smoothly & quickly!


BIG smiles all around!


Eager, 

~ 6 in Love ~


4 comments:

  1. We are also adopting a little one from Honduras! We just submitted our dossier to our agency and it is now in the hands of the consulate. How exciting to find your blog and have such similar timing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matt & Carrie- Congratulations to you- so exciting! :) I'm so glad you found us!!! I'm planning on having it apostilled (God willing, all goes smoothly) tomorrow or Tuesday! Maybe we'll be close together on the wait list! I have lots of questions for you. :) Do you have a blog or email you'd share?

      Delete
    2. www.mattandcarrieadoptionstory.blogspot.com. You can also e-mail me anytime. We are just a couple of hours away from you in East TN. I hope both of our dossiers submission goes smoothly.

      Carrie

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Carrie, I will check out your blog! Let's keep in touch in this!

      Delete