Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Try, Try, & Try Again

I think it's safe to say that "Try, Try, & Try Again" is something we will have to get used to during this adoption process.  As you probably know, we are in the beginning stages of this lengthy adoption process.  And already we are doing things over and over again.  Do this, but do it here too.  Write it here, and here again.  Ask about this, but ask this person too.  Go, and go once more.   That's okay, we can always use a little more patience, right?  


Here are a couple of examples we've come across this week:


A few people have already turned in their "Sippys 4 Siblings" sippy cups change!  The kids and I have been collecting it to make a trip to the grocery store's change counting machine.  So, finally, we were ready (they kept asking!).  So, we made a trek to a store we don't usually go to b/c they had a machine.  Two toddlers, HEAVY nearly-breaking bag of change that they both want to hold & me-excitedly strut in, find the machine, and read the sign: "Out of Order."  Doh.  Disappointment.  Attempted explanation to follow.  Here we are at machine #1:



Excited & not knowing it's out of order yet... 


Pictured above: my mini problem solvers insisting on fixing the machine.

Didn't work.  ;)  So out we go, busted bag still in hand(s).

Due to our tight schedule (which is pretty much every day), we didn't have time to make a trip to another store.  The kids were disappointed, but it wasn't too bad.

The next day, K spent time w/ Cuban Daddy while G and I had a 'date' out and ran some errands together.  Love spending time with my baby girl!  Well, we found another store w/ a machine & G got to dump all of the coins into it.  Amazing to see it add up!  
*Let's note that 3 yr old G chose this entire outfit from her closet, head to toe with no help.  Good job, baby!

                                                          

So you know that mound of paperwork of which I've been chipping away?  Well, part of it included a fingerprinting packet each for Cuban Daddy & me.  We have to go to a police department to have our prints taken.  So, I called a local one yesterday to make sure that they do adoption prints at that location, find out details, etc.  The lady assured me they did them there, gave me exact directions, etc.  So, today after the kids' naps, I rushed my 1/2 awake (slightly grumpy- totally get that from their Daddy) kids to the potty, into clothes, grabbed snacks and paperwork, and headed out into the pouring rain to make it to the station in time.  We drove nearly 30 mins, and met Cuban Daddy (who escaped work for a few mins for this task).  We got to the desk, and the lady working said, "Well, here's how you get to where you need to go."  What??  Being that they closed in 10 mins, we would not be making it today.  And the fact that I called yesterday to confirm this information?  Ugh.  Oh well, it is what it is.  Everything for a reason.  We're working on squeezing the next try in later this week.

So... I'm not one to miss an opportunity 'out'.  Daddy headed back to work.  G was begging to eat dinner out.  Yes, she gets that from me.  And, no, I'm not proud of it. ;)  So, I gave in...I got something small (Seems fitting they were OUT of the one thing I wanted from that restaurant right?  Yeah.) & the kids split a kids' meal.  They really only wanted to play on the playground anyway.  This new daylight made it feel early, so why not?  The playground was overrun by about 15 10 year olds.  Huh??  So, after 3 times down the slide in tears...we gave up.  (And the fact that I had to tell one boy to stop touching me like 5 times pushed me over the edge. I mean, seriously, where is your Mama?) I followed up w/ free ice cream to end the night on a high.  Finally, success!





While we were there (and after I may or may not have complained about the multitude of completely unsupervised wild kids crowding the little kids' playground), I thought to ask if they did fundraising nights for adoptions.  They took my number and said someone would call to talk to me about it.  So, we will see!

A pretty awesome high of the day:  an amazing friend of mine (w/ two babies of her own) took K in for a couple of hours while G was in school so I could work on my mound of paperwork!  Much needed & so helpful!  I really do have great friends...I think about how blessed I am in that regard often.  I feel very undeserving.

We will try, try, and try again tomorrow.

~ 6 in Love ~

No comments:

Post a Comment