Wednesday, March 7, 2012

More Promises...In Pictures

Hi Babies (#3 & #4)!

I was uploading pictures of your brother and sister today.  I kept thinking about all of the great times we were having together, and how I can't wait for you to come home and experience them with us!  I think about you all the time.  Currently, so much of how I spend my days (& late nights) are for you.  Just for you.  Okay, and for Him.  And for us.  But mostly for you.  =)  Adoption paperwork and processes are kicking my tail.  It's rough.  Really rough...and exhausting.  But it doesn't even matter.  It is temporarily challenging.  But you are so beyond worth it.  In the midst of all of the craziness we have getting things ready and able to bring you home, we really do have fun times together as a family.  As I was flipping through the pics today, and thinking of you, I thought of some things I'm looking forward to teaching you (if Brother & Sissy don't beat me to it!).  So here they are.

More Promises to you...
this time, in pictures from the week.

I promise to teach you:

To solve the problems that you face.  Don't be intimidated by the challenges before you.

That it's okay to be silly.  Be who you are.  Strap a giant purple monkey to you and stay that way all day...on all of our errands.  It doesn't matter what other people think.

To do super important things, like load your own nachos. ;)

That I care about what's important to you. And if you happen to be 3 years old, and wearing a different hairstyle every day is 'it,' then so be it.  I'll do my best.

That winning isn't everything.  This may prove to be a little difficult to do being that you'll be in this family (esp. Mommy's side...uh huh).  But, don't worry.  I care enough about you to beat you in Chutes and Ladders so you'll learn this lesson.  Unless that is, of course, you totally destroy me.  Little booger.

To make silly faces.  Life is fun.

To pick out your own clothes.  Good job, G!

That you are beautiful.  Inside and out.  And that one of those is way more important than the other.

To draw rainbows.  And about God's promises. ;)

To laugh.  Even if at first you don't know how.

How to be a good friend.

That exercise is important.

To help others.  That we will always be there for each other.

Fresh air is good...  And learning to do something by yourself- awesome.

To eat healthily.  Darn Nerds boxes in the background.  To my defense, they were from a party..and the kids have been working on a little box each for like a week now. 

To get plenty of rest.  Please- I'm begging you- do as I say, and NOT as I do for this one!

Think outside the box.  Be creative.  

To imagine.  And to be resourceful.

To share. Okay, so maybe I'm a little *thrifty* and didn't want to splurge on 2 milks.  But, I knew you wouldn't drink them all.  Save money, no waste, a lesson on sharing, and a rocking immune system.  
So there. Ha.

To stand up for what you believe in.  To use your voice.  To be a good citizen. 
 *Ever since G was born, at least one of you have gone with me to vote every time.

To trust.  We're in this together.  Family is forever.

To. Dream. Big.

There will be many more adventures.  Lessons.  Memories.  Promises.

Until then, Babies, 

~ 6 in Love ~

*** After Auction post to come!!***

2 comments: