Thursday, March 15, 2012

Got Fingerprints?

If you know me, you know I LOVE to be productive.  The feeling of accomplishment.  To cross off my to-do list.  And what better list to cross off from then our Adoption one?!  


As I've said many times before, it's a TON of paperwork.  I've been kind of down & hard on myself for not getting it done faster.  It's hard to work on while the little ones are awake, because I'm having to fill out packets entitled "Culture", "Transracial Adoption," one 10 page Autobiography (each), & one 4 page typed Autobiography (each)....just to name a FEW.  I can't exactly concentrate w/ K climbing & coloring everything & sweet G asking a million "why" questions (not complaining about that....glad that they are as active and curious as they are...it's just not easy to write essays while dealing with the such.)  Oh, and since barely 2 year old K is potty trained, we take lots of trips to the potty...and he must have a hollow leg b/c that little guy can EAT (we snack all day).  Phew.  


So, back to my point.  Today has been an awesomely productive "Adoption" day!  Thanks to my terrific Mom who took G to school & kept K until after lunch, I accomplished a lot!  I "tried, tried, and tried again" (ha) and found the new police building where I needed to get my fingerprints done.  I did them this morning, and later today, so did Cuban Daddy.  Not so bad.  I was able to come back home, tackle the insane pile(S) of laundry & organize paperwork, email needed information, and fill out more paperwork.  I'm so motivated & excited to work on it again tonight! Guess what?  I also cooked.  Shocker, I know.  But as for the dishes, they will just have to clean themselves.


Did I mention that my little brother is getting married in FOUR DAYS?!  We're so excited about that & having fun w/ the 'festivities.'  The kids can't wait & neither can I.  Cuban Daddy is showing houses ALL weekend (thank you, Lord, for the business!), so I'm anticipating a busy weekend to say the least.  

So, that's the update on "Adoption stuff."  Will let you know when the paperwork gets in the mail! I am sooo looking forward to that day!


You may or may not have noticed that I like to take photos.  LOTS of photos.  I just enjoy it.  So, here a few from the past few days (well, I took the Engagement ones a couple weeks ago):


Aren't they such a cute couple?!:




Getting ready for the wedding.  Yep, the little ring bearer gets to rock these! 
(Brand new at the consignment sale?  Yes, please!)

Just call me 'Mommy Scissorhands." More wedding prep.  
This time, excited G got about an inch trim.   

Trimmed K's too.  Now he can see. ;)  Silly boy. 

These window markers are awesome!! 

We've found several ladybugs in our house lately.  K has become a little obsessed with finding them.  He is always bringing me little specks, insisting they are ladybugs, and insisting they need to 'fly away' outside.  I don't have the heart to tell him otherwise.  So we visit the back porch often.  
Anyways, right after I got in my car after getting the Adoption Fingerprints made, look who I found.  I took a pic for K & posted to Facebook too.  A friend of mine- who has made her own 2 international adoptions look like a breeze- informed me that ladybugs are supposed to be 'good luck' for adoptive parents...and that they signify a 'sooner' referral of a child.  Wouldn't that be amazing?! 

We've been having beautiful weather...Happy Spring! 

My  heart on a blue rug: 

Was taken on New Years Eve, but one of my favorites of me & my #1 baby:

Goodnight, friends!

~ 6 in Love ~


No comments:

Post a Comment