Monday, January 14, 2013

Frustration: The Need for Needles

I'm so frustrated right now.  But that's just part of it, right?

Just got an email from the agency in response to a few questions I had.

Since I didn't the Dossier finished yet (we're maybe 1/2 way through?), we will have to 'update' our medical exams...for ALL 4 of us.   They have already expired.

Yep, back to the doctors...

4 more appointments, 
4 more co-pays, 
4 more physical exams,
4 more lab tests (incl. drug ones),
and they run A LOT of tests.  

I really, really hate it for G & K.  Poor babies.
And I actually hate it for my 'not-a-fan-of-needles-AT-ALL-but-otherwise-tough-guy' of a husband.
As for me, I'm not sweating it too bad.  I mean, all you mamas know we've had enough needles during pregnancy, that what's a few more?

I mean seriously, I'm so not happy with any of it.  Not happy with myself for not being faster.  (& the teacher in me screams 'double negatives!', but at this point, I don't care...) Not happy at the stupid rule.  Not happy that I feel behind on the paperwork, despite staying up late every night.  Not happy we all have to get pricked again.  Not happy I have to chase down 4 more sets of paperwork.  Not happy that this delays the Dossier even longer, which is kind of ironic, right?

Okay, so even after all the venting, I still feel really frustrated.  However, I am reminded of the big picture.  In the long run, what are a few more needles (& a few more $100s) when it means we're one step closer to bringing 2 more babies home?  Ahhh, and now my heart sings.  I melt when I think of those babies.  And I am desperate to get them out of the orphanage as soon as possible.  

So, I will choose to focus on that. 
And trust in God's timing.
And trust in His provision.
And give myself a little break. 


Fighting the pouty, frustrated, & overwhelmed feelings,

~ 6 in Love ~







No comments:

Post a Comment