Tuesday, January 29, 2013

4 Trips to Timbuktu

Seriously, ya'll.

And I don't even say 'ya'll.'   It's just that serious. 

Working on the Dossier now, as you know.  Okay, so about 10 days ago, little K and I drove all over the county, looking for the right "local law enforcement agency" to handle our adoption biz. After a couple hours of leg work (In the nonstop rain), we made it to 'the right spot'...#3...which happens to be located in Timbuktu.  I was excited, though, as she seemed to know what we were talking about, what she was doing, yada, yada, yada.  K & I were there 5 mins & she says they're done...they just have to get the Sheriff to sign...only he wasn't there.  Oh, and I couldn't do Cuban Daddy's.  He'd have to drive to Timbuktu himself.  So....I had to leave the form there, but they promised that CD could pick mine up when he did his.  

A few days later, CD squeezed in the time to get there.  They did it, and what do you know?  The Sheriff wasn't there to sign.  He'd have to leave the forms.  They said they'd call me to pick up later.  And they did.

So, this time, G, K, & I mapquest (This is an official action, is it not?) ourselves over to Timbuktu again to FINALLY pick up the forms for both Cuban Daddy and me.  Same ladies.  Super sweet, googlin' over the kids, giving them lollipops (thankful as that helped kill the time).  I get the forms, sealed in envelopes.  YES! Back out to the car, load up the kids...and the sticky lollipops, and pop in a DVD (remember, Timbuktu?).  Get in & something tells me I should check the forms...just to be sure.  And good thing, b/c they listed Cuban Daddy as living a few houses down from me.  Wrong address!!!  Argh.  For a second, I considered whether the country of Honduras would notice.  For sure they would...darn.



Sticky kids & sticky lollipops back out of the car...and into the police department.  Inform of problem.  "You do live together, then?"  "Um, yes."  Kind, sincere apologies, & promises of a quick fix follow.  I'm making a conscious effort to demonstrate forgiveness in front of my kids & trying not to show frustration.  Although I totally AM!  We're on trip #3 for crying out loud!  But, true to their word, a quick fix.  They're done w/ a new form in 3 minutes.  Only...yep, you guessed it.

The Sheriff's not there to sign the new form.

I'll have to come back to Timbuktu a fourth time to get the forms.

And this, folks, is ONE tiny piece of the Dossier.  I wanted to let you see what kind of 'paperwork' we're dealing w/ here.  And this is why it's taking SOOOOO long...


Grinnin' to get through it, b/c I so want to be THROUGH it.  Hold on, babies.

~ 6 in Love ~

*** Can I just give a shout out to my awesome friends that listen to me rant & then kindly remind me that God's got in under control.  That, although it doesn't appear to be going smoothly or timely, that His timing is perfect.  I know it, but I sure love hearing it, b/c in the midst of it all, I forget.  Thanks for the encouragement, friends! ***

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While "Doing the Dossier," (this should be a dance, right?!), we're staying busy as if you know us, you KNOW we are!  Just a couple things going on now:

Planning this cutie's "Police CAR 3rd Birthday":

Making fun things w/ the kids.  Tried some all natural 'fruit leather' recipe & the kids loved it! 

Planning & registering for SCHOOL next year!  Be still, my heart. 

Just playin' 

Breakin' during adventures 

Enjoying special nights.  This one came w/ a visit from a police car! 


I have invites to address & an adoption app to fill out...
G' Night!





No comments:

Post a Comment