Thursday, April 19, 2012

Hurting Hearts & Stockpiling

My heart was sick seeing Roxy today.  She didn't look great, but I guess not horrible either.  She wasn't running around like usual.  I was really upset when I realized she didn't bark in the yard at all today.  So very strange.  


I still can't believe he's not here.  


When Cuban Daddy got home, I helped him unload a truckload of donations for the Yard Sale     (See below for details).  While I was down there, I noticed that the two of them (yes, man & dog) were practically attached at the hip.  Guess they've rekindled the bond.  Roxy following CD everywhere...to the truck, to the garage...repeat.  She's such a big softy.  You walk towards her and she rolls on her back.  Haha, rotten!  Anyways, I managed to snap a couple of pics of the 'moments' they were having.  Don't look if you can't take it.  It was pretty darn sweet.  





Cuban Daddy actually had a night off from showing houses (what?!).  So, he borrowed my brother's truck & went to some of our best friends' house to pick up a TRUCK BED FULL of donated stuff for the yard sale!!!  I mean, they seriously *doubled* our Yard Sale stash.  Yay!!!  Um, how do you say thanks for that?   We also picked up a couple of bags of clothes from another sweet friend this morning, and my mom called to tell me the bags of stuff she has are so big she can't get them down the stairs.  I know this may sound funny, but up until very recently, I was worried that our Yard Sale may turn out to be a big flop.  After today, I feel confident in saying it's going to be a GREAT one!!!  We've got lots of goodies!  Here are some of the highlights so far:  a double stroller, a jogging stroller, a nice large dresser, a couple of TVs, a printer, DVD player, a baby swing, a bouncy chair, lots of clothes- especially baby & womens, and much more!


Our Adoption Fundraiser Yard Sale will take place a week from tomorrow (& Sat!), Apr. 27-28 in Echo Mill neighborhood: 5409 Amity Drive, Powder Springs.  


If you come across something you want to donate, we'll make plans to pick it up!  Thank you so much to everyone who has already helped!

If you are able to come out & you have one of our T-shirts, we'd love to see you wear it! :)  We'll be in ours of course!



We have several in both colors still available.  Let me know if you want one! :)


Thanks for continuing to send the sweet messages that you are praying for us, thinking about us, checking in, offering to help...  We really do appreciate it so much.  
You've made us feel so loved!

~ 6 in Love ~


*** We are still hoping to find a forever home for Roxy.  We're looking for a loving home for her...a single person, a couple, a family, with OR without other pets!  She is an easy, sweet, loving dog!  Low maintenance, healthy.  Please contact us if you or someone you know may be interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment