Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Done. For Real This Time.

Okay, so I really mean it this time.  

The Dossier is 100% finished!  

We have completed everything needed to get 
a number on the Wait List.  

To recap:  
We finished the Dossier & mailed it to Honduras months ago. They translated the document and submitted it to IHNFA (agency in Honduras that handles adoptions).  They approved everything, but asked for G & K to have bloodwork completed in addition. (Insert 'ugh!') After a 2 week long run-around, we worked that out & had the labs run.  I picked up the results last week.  I emailed them to our agency, who forwarded to Honduras, & replied, "Looks great!"  You would have thought I would know by now that it wouldn't be so simple. 

Okay, so here's what has happened since: 
Our agency responded that all was great, & that they now needed the notarized & apostilled originals.  Ah, but of course.  So, I took the forms back to the pediatrician's office & had someone notarize.  The next day, K & I were going to go to Atlanta to have them apostilled.  I thought to call ahead to make sure all was good to go.  The lady on the other end of the phone made a couple of comments, which led me to figure out that the documents were not completely & perfectly notarized.  I was going to need the notary to add another statement to her notarization.  Hoping we could just swing by & have her do that on our way to Atlanta, we stopped by.  She wasn't there.  Of course she wasn't. And they didn't know when she'd be in.  I wrote a note & attached to the lab results.  They called me later that day to say they were finished, but it wasn't enough time to pick them up and get to ATL before they closed....and get stuck in that hideous work hour ATL traffic.  Hideous, I tell you.  

So today:
I picked up the forms (done correctly...yay!) from the Pediatrician's office & headed to ATL.  Although it took a long time to get there, the actual apostilling took a mere 2 minutes & I was on my way.  Wow!  




I'll mail the official lab results to our agency tomorrow.  They'll send to Honduras.

And then - that's it!

That should be every single piece of paper they need from us to put us on the Waiting List.


After 21 months of running the paperwork race.  



It may not seem like much to you, 
but to us, 
this is a victorious day!


We're getting there, 

~ 6 in Love ~

No comments:

Post a Comment