Friday, October 26, 2012

Two Year Old Talk

I thought we could use some comic relief.  =)  
Our two year old, K, provides that 
on a daily basis. 


Here are some highlights from 
the past couple of days:
(Note: Sarge is a pug we are dog-sitting for a couple of weeks.)



* K: "Watch me!  I'm gonna jump over Sarge!"

* As he and I are doing a puzzle together, I act as if I don't know where a piece goes.  K: "No.  Right here, Sweetie."  

* He calls everyone "Jingleheimer Schmidt" now.  i.e.- "Thank you, Jingleheimer Schmidt."  "Okay, Jingleheimer Schmidt."  "Watch me, Jingleheimer Schmidt."  "Yes ma'am, Jingleheimer Schmidt."  Cue sly grin & dimples.

* G pretends to be his Mommy all the time, and he loves it. I commented, "She's like your little Mommy."  To which he perked up, "And you are my BIG mommy!"  Awesome.

* G: "My tummy hurts."  Me: "You're just excited."  G: "Oh yeah, I have butterflies in my tummy."  K, immediately, in a growling voice, "I have sharks in my tummy!"

* As I'm getting onto the dog for barking...for no reason, K says, "Sarge is just 'ruffing,' Mommy. Just let him 'ruff' for a second, oh tay?" Goes about his play.

* Again, I'm telling Sarge to do something, when K pipes in, "But Mommy he doesn't talk!" (like, 'how'd I get an idiot for a mom?')

* K from the backseat of the car, at a drive thru window: "That lady has chocolate hands!" (Duck and pull forward.)  Me: "K, that lady has brown hands.  Yes, they are the same color as chocolate, but they are not chocolate.  They are brown."  K: "No, they are chocolate!"  (** Let me assure you, we've had this conversation more than once...and it's equally embarrassing every time.)

* Riding in the car, G says her tummy hurts (again).  I ask, "Well what will make it feel better, baby?"  K inserts, "God!"  Me, proud of his newly found spirituality, "Oh, yes, K, God can make her tummy better!  Good thinking."  K: "God is right here.  He's with G, sitting beside us right now."  Me: (Thinking, oh wow, this may be one of those moments where the kids are able to see things in the Spiritual world that I'm unaware of.  Oh this is a big deal...)  K: "See, I'm stepping on God right now! Stomp, stomp!"  Doh.

Sorry, God.  



Keeping me humble & making me laugh, 

~ 6 in Love ~ 

1 comment:

  1. Love these!!! It's so funny to hear what goes through a 2 yr olds mind.

    ReplyDelete