Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Adoption Update: ON STRIKE



I was recently preparing to update you on our 'Adoption status.'  I am so disappointed that I'm having such difficulty even beginning the Dossier.  Ugh.  Life has thrown us some curveballs lately, including the passing of my Father-in-law (see previous post), our babies being sick (but just now on the mend), an overworked husband, a crazy eventful month, and all that being a 'stay at home mom' entails.  I'm having a hard time balancing it all. *Maybe you've heard me say that before?!* Most of it is 'good' stuff that I really want to do (okay, scrubbing excessively around the toilet now that I have a potty trained 2 year old boy doesn't make the 'good stuff' list...), but just can't find the time to do.  I know I need to prioritize, but that too is a challenge, seeing as so much needs to be done, like, now.  I know that the Dossier is definitely a high priority, but so is having clean clothes, groceries in the fridge, school lunches packed, meals cooked (er, microwaved?), floors swept, baths given, babies tucked in (did I mention that they don't seem to need much sleep?!?!)...you get the picture.  Even in doing just the 'basics,' a mom has very little extra time, right?  But b/c my kids have *this* mom, they also go on lots of fall adventures (we may be approaching our 4th pumpkin patch & have a peck of apples on the counter...), play with their friends (we have 3 birthday parties to *happily!* attend on Saturday), have their lives documented in a zillion photographs (cue Aerosmith's, "I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing"), and that toilet? Yeah, it HAS been scrubbed. (Don't look anywhere else though!).  Oh, and a blog, and fundraising, and adoption paperwork.  So, that's that.  I'm having a hard time getting it done, but I'm very eager to do so!  So, as I'm stressing tonight about this self-delayed adoption paperwork timeline, I open my email tonight.  

Apparently, it's not just me at a standstill.  Following is an excerpt from the email/e-newsletter that I received from our agency.  We are so disappointed & frustrated to learn:

"As of October 2, 2012, employees of the Instituto Hondureño de la Niñez y la Familia (IHNFA) are on strike and IHNFA is closed. The IHNFA is Honduras’ Child Welfare Authority and as such, it oversees adoptions. IHNFA provides referrals to prospective adoptive parents and approves adoption applications. At this time, due to the strike, the IHNFA is not performing these functions. It is unclear how long the strike might last."

And so that's all we know.  The Honduran government agency in charge of international adoptions is ON STRIKE...for who knows how long.  Days?  Months?  Longer?!  

I really don't know what to feel about this.  I'm, of course, frustrated, disappointed, worried.  But, I also have hope.  I have faith.  I know that the God that called us to adopt is still God, and that He is not surprised by any of this.  By me.  By IHNFA.  By the strike.  He knows the future.  He already knows our babies, #3 & #4.  So I will fight feelings of frustration and anxiety about the situation, & hope to replace them with God's peace & understanding.   


I will still bust my tail to get the Dossier completed.

But, will you pray for us?  Will you pray for our babies & all of the orphans that are delayed in receiving a mom, a dad, siblings, a home, plenty to eat, love and care that they so desire & deserve?  My own little disappointments- no big deal.  The disappointment of these babies eager for parents and a home- devastating, heartbreaking.  




Lord, please work quickly.

~ 6 in Love ~ 

3 comments:

  1. I will be thinking of you and praying that this works out soon. How upsetting! But eventually, your persistence (and heart!) will pay off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Find out how 1,000's of people like YOU are working for a LIVING by staying home and are living their dreams right NOW.
    GET FREE ACCESS TODAY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just received a check for $500.

    Sometimes people don't believe me when I tell them about how much money you can make by taking paid surveys from home...

    So I took a video of myself getting paid $500 for taking paid surveys.

    ReplyDelete