Monday, October 29, 2012

Fingerprinted...Once Again.

Progress.

This past Friday, Cuban Daddy & I had our fingerprinting appointments downtown...at 8:00 a.m. 3 words:  Work. Hour. Traffic.

Due to us both having appointments at the same time, my parents being out of town, school schedule, etc., we needed to take G & K with us. 

Being that they're typically awake before 6:00 a.m. anyway, getting out the door at 6:45 wasn't too bad.  

I turned around 1/2 way there & saw this.  
They were rubbing each other's fingers, too...it was the sweetest!  

 ~ We couldn't take purses, diaper bags, cell phones, etc. into the building.  We found that out at the door...after waiting in line outside in the cold...with the items above.  That was fun.   I wanted to take pics to document (Seriously, right? But, alas, no cell phone.) ~


On the ride home...after fingerprints for I-600 A form:


We were in such a rush to make it in time to the appt., the kids had only had fruit in the car for breakfast. So, we got them biscuits on the way back.  And...CD & I might have had one too...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I checked the mail today to find an envelope from The Department of Homeland Security (Whom we're waiting to get I 1600 A approval from).  I knew it was too early to get results, seeing as we just had fingerprints on Friday, so I had a feeling something was up.  

Sure enough, they said we were missing 2 'proofs of evidence'/ pieces of documentation (which we have, so it's no problem).  That we had 45 days to get the required documents to them, plus a copy of the mailed letter, etc.   We will need about 4 days, not 45!  The thing is, I didn't read anywhere in the instructions that those documents were needed.  They have to do with Cuban Daddy's citizenship, etc. since he wasn't born in the U.S. This could delay us a little bit, but I don't imagine much.  Plus, it's a sign that they are in the midst of reviewing our application and file, which is exciting!  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm still having a hard time getting the Dossier done.  Oh, the time!

-----------------------------------------------------------

I'm still in shock that the strike is over!!!


~ 6 in Love ~

No comments:

Post a Comment