Monday, September 10, 2012

Last Bits of Summer

The busyness continues as we try to soak the most out of our summer.  
A glimpse in photos:
-----------------------------------------------------------

We pulled out our new little pool for one more 'swim'. 
 

It was a little too cold though, they were FREEZING little burritos! 

Afterwards, they snuggled up to get warm before our 'living room picnic.' 


A playdate at the park:



A lunch & playdate with friends:


Some playtime with my little man:

"Can I touch this big tree, Mommy?" 

Gymnastics classes: 



They're not limited to the gym.  
These two practice at home all the time, coming up w/ new moves! 


Bonus for doing the above in her bedroom slippers??

We attended a good ole Southern BBQ Festival, b/c it's fun, and well it's *barbeque*.  
Isn't that enough?!

They had fun things like this for the little ones.  G is way braver than she appears.  
She actually did a backflip on this thing! 

That's what we're talking about. 

Cuban Daddy & I were able to attend one of my good friend's wedding (from high school!).  We were so happy for them & had a great night out with our friends. 




Everyone needs a 'back to school' haircut (trim).  
Noni cut 2 1/2 inches off & her hair is still down to her waist!

Such a good boy! 

Some special family moments:

Lunch with Noni

Storytime with Noni 

Cookout with cousins; watching Popi on the grill. 

Happy to see Daddy

K & I caught a gorgeous sunset together...awesome. 

Eating cupcakes & ice cream at one of our best bud, D's, super fun bday party 

It's been 1 1/2 weeks since K's biggest injury.  He fell running up his grandparents' driveway & skinned ALL of the skin off the back of his little finger, from the nail to the knuckle.  I mean, all the skin...to the flesh.  It was so nasty.  It broke my heart to see.  He's been carrying it around like this 24/7, & will only now let us change it w/o acting as though we are torturing him.  
Poor baby.  Although I think it will scar, I am thankful it isn't worse; 
there are worse places than a pinky to scar!  
Cuban Daddy & I are seriously just hoping he isn't forming a habit of carrying his hand this way & not using it at all...

Sweet evenings on the porch.  Frozen banana dessert while predicting which color car will drive by next.  K moved down a step & over so that he could hold on to his Sissy.  Melt my heart.

More "porch times":


 


Rocking a couple hats: 
Yes, she comes up w/ these poses on her own.  Love it!

K watching his first "wrestling" matches...the Olympics of course. (thank you, TiVo)
Wrestling is IN his blood on both sides of the family.  Don't think the little guy even has a choice here.  Guess he's going to need to ask for a singlet for Christmas.  I mean, he's already 2 1/2.  Kidding. Sort of?  ;)

Lil Miss Artistic keeps getting better! 

Sometimes, just to 'spice' things up, they get to sit at their "Dr. Seuss chairs" (that Santa made them) for a living room picnic & movie.  Sometimes even under a tent.  Simple way to make dinner on an ordinary night 'fun.'  They love it!
Nutella "chocolate" waffle sandwiches are a treat.  And to make me feel a lot better about it: Fruit & Spinach Smoothies that they suck down like there's no tomorrow.  


...and lastly...

Cuban Daddy & I made the time to get away for the night, just the two of us.  A whole 24 hours with NO work for CD (Yes, a Christmas miracle, people!!).  The kiddos stayed w/ my parents (K's first ever sleepover away from us at someone else's house!) & had a blast.  CD & I set off to a meaningful city we love: Chattanooga.  Lots of great memories for us there.  Truly a "cool" downtown.  We stayed downtown & although it rained much of the time, we made the use of our time away & got to see & do all that we wanted to.  What a much-needed time for just the two of us, catching up, talking about the past...and the future, and learning new things about each other along the way.  Really fun!!!


We love trying new places & we found Taco Mamasita's in downtown Chatt.  By far the BEST QUESO I have ever had.  Yes, I know I appear very excited.  Trust me, I was.  If you're ever there, you have to try this place. I had a Gyro taco & a BBQ taco (remember the festival?!).  Cuban Daddy enjoyed the queso nearly as much (haha) & had a Plantain taco (fitting, right?) & I don't remember the other.  If he wasn't sleeping right now, I'd ask.  Anyways, awesome food!   

A deep realization was had... 

As if we needed to eat more, we topped the night off with some ice cream at a new place.  Love this handsome guy, I mean c'mon!  And he's funny too.  He said, "Aww, look, our spoons are spooning."  Ha! 

Breakfast at Rembrandt's on a perfect morning- yes, please. 

...followed by a walk along the "Walking Bridge"... 




...And of course, there's this to keep us (ah hum, me) busy!  Adoption paperwork!!!  =)   
Every single bit puts us one step closer to bringing our babies home...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This morning felt like Fall!  I sent G to school in a sweater!

Dear God, PLEASE let us have an early & super long Fall!!

I. LOVE. FALL.

And you think I took a lot of pictures this Summer...

~ 6 in Love ~

No comments:

Post a Comment