Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Just Heard Back Re: HS/I-600A

So, today has been an 
informative day in terms of our adoption progress.  

Remember how I said I was waiting to hear back from our agency about a question I had regarding a missing piece of information from our Home Study? (And I couldn't mail the I-600 A w/ our Home Study until I knew for sure??)  Well, today I got my answer.

Pro: I was right.  
Con: I was right.

After emailing a second time, the lady from my agency told me she was waiting to hear back from staff in Honduras.  Why she had to go to them & they didn't know this answer, I'm unsure.  But, seriously, what do I know?  When it comes to the adoption process, not a whole lot, to be honest.  So I trusted & waited.

She responded today that she heard back & that I did, indeed, need for that information to be included in the Home Study.  Yikes.  

I emailed our Social Worker (whom we really love!), told her what was going on, and asked what our next step would be.  Always super prompt at responding, she got back to me today that it wasn't too big of deal (maybe she noticed the "freaking out tone" I used in the email?) and that she would create an addendum & send it to the agency for approval.

Pro: It can & will be handled.
Con: It postpones everything...even longer.

So, again, we are at a temporary standstill.  
But, thankful that we caught it before mailing.  Thank you, God!


Trying to remember what 'My Mama said' & "chill,"

(Think I can do it?)

~ 6 in Love (and wait) ~

Here we go again...



No comments:

Post a Comment