Saturday, September 8, 2012

Adoption Status: Frustration & Waiting

Wow.  I've been wanting to sit down and blog for a while now.  But that would involve "sitting down" for longer than 5 minutes. Let me clarify...I do sit for longer than 5 minutes.  To: fold laundry, feed kids, read children's books, organize drawers, answer emails, and drive to the grocery store & park...you get the idea.  (Not complaining!  I'm living my dream job as a stay at home Mommy & loving (almost!) every day.)  And so I'm finally giving in and trying to catch up.  Don't get me wrong.  I still feel WAY behind on housework, etc.  I know it's "Fall", but I feel sort of Spring-cleany, and Pinterest has given me way too many great ideas on how to organize my house.  Haha!  And speaking of Pinterest, SO many great recipes.  Especially Slow Cooker ones....my favorite!!  So, I'm motivated, but, then again, who has time for cooking?

So, excuses aside.  Adoption stuff.

One word summary of late:  Frustration.

Can I have two words?  Waiting.

So, yeah, I'll fill you in on what's going on.  Everything is moving, albeit slowly.  So, I think I told you before that we have to file the I-600 A form (& packet that goes w/ it).  I was totally eager and super proud of myself for filling out all of the paperwork immediately.  However, I was waiting on one set of documents from our agency.  I had to include a formal copy of our Home Study & the agency/socials licenses with our form & packet.  I waited, emailed, and waited some more.  Finally, it arrived!  Yes!  I had Cuban Daddy make copies of everything and prepped it mail.  But the night before I was planning on mailing it (the I-600 A), I came across a question regarding our information/preferences for the adopted children. I didn't see the information I was looking for in the Home Study.  And since I've never adopted before, I don't know exactly what I'm doing, what's expected, etc.  But, I did feel pretty certain that this was necessary to include...and it wasn't there.  So, I emailed our agency.  Although there are about 4 people I'm in contact with there, I chose to ask the one that is always prompt to respond.  It's been a week.  I've heard nothing.  This doesn't look good.  I have a feeling she's scouring all of our forms, former applications, etc. to find out how this went missing.  I'm kicking myself that I should've caught it earlier.  I really don't know...I could be totally wrong.  But I have a feeling we're going to have to modify the Home Study already.  Gosh, I hope not.  That would set us way back.  I didn't want to be obnoxious & email/call every day, but I'm definitely contacting them again on Monday.  So, as you have probably figured, I didn't mail the I-600 A yet.  I need to hear back that 'it's a go.'  Better safe than sorry here. I don't want to mail 'incorrect' or 'incomplete' documents to the US Gov't and then have to chase them down.  So, frustration & more waiting. 

I am a mixture of really excited (I feel 'pregnant' as we anticipate adopting our two new little ones, what they're going to be like, look like, how to prep, etc.) and really frustrated w/ the hoops & the timeline.  Everything just seems to take longer and longer than expected.  I vented to my mom a little bit this weekend, and she did what only amazing moms can do. She reminded me that it was all in God's timing, that He had it under control, and that He already knew the children that were meant to be ours.  And she told me, "You just need to chill."  Ha.  Although I know that already, it was a really nice reminder.  And she said it with such ease & peace, that it helped me feel that way too.  Thanks, Mom!  

In terms of funds, we owe $4,000 to Buckner now that our Home Study is complete and we are in our "Dossier" stage.  We owe almost $1,000 for the I-600 A.  Then, whatever the Dossier costs to finish.  So maybe $6,000 ish?  Well, I need to crunch numbers again, but that is almost ALL that we have raised for the Adoption!  Isn't God amazing?  He totally took care of this for us.  We feel so blessed to have such amazing friends and family to help, sacrifice, and support us.  We don't deserve it, but the babies do.  We're so thankful, again, for everyone's generosity!!!  As for future finances, this will conclude our big clustered bunch of expenses on the front end.  After the Dossier is submitted, we'll have to update our Home Study, fingerprints, background checks, and physicals every 15-18 months.  So, there will be fees for that.  But, the largest chunk will come after we get our referral (in 2-4 years) & travel for 4-6 weeks (What?!  yeah, that's a whole 'nother post). So, after I get the Dossier submitted, I will work once more on fundraising for the future.  (Meanwhile, Sippys 4 Siblings are still trickling in, and it all really helps!  Thank you for collecting your change for us, friends!!!)  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a very difficult, challenging process.  And we aren't even close to finalizing the adoption.  
So, if you would, please pray for:

Our babies (#3 & #4)- Whether they are even born or not, I don't know.  But, I do know that they will not have gone through ideal situations that lead them to need a new family, a new home.  Please pray for God's protection over them, for the right people to be put into their lives, and that they be prepared to enter our forever family.  We can't wait to love on them, but so desperately wish we could be there every step of their little lives.  We can't be there, but we can pray.


G & K (#1 & #2)- Please pray for their lives now.  That they learn, develop, and grow healthily.  For God's protection over them as well.  And that God prepares their hearts to be a great big sister & big brother to the new ones when they get here.  That they will be understanding, loving, and compassionate beyond their years.

Us- For peace and guidance, endurance and perseverance. For wisdom.  For finances- both personally & 'adoption' funds.  For "big" things that I know we'll need before they arrive, but it's hard to see now how it will happen: larger car, new home, etc.  For our hearts to be prepared to be parents of FOUR very unique, very special, beautiful gifts from God.  For our relationships to be strengthened w/ each other, G & K, and our God.  

We could use it!  Thank you!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No overload of pics for this post.  Sorry.  Will do that soon.  ;)


Thanks for the support & prayers, 

~ 6 in Love ~



No comments:

Post a Comment