Friday, February 24, 2012

Almost There

Okay, so we're rounding out our pair of crazy weeks.  Birthdays & holidays over for a while.  I think I'm in the clear, when we find out that...


My younger brother is getting married in less than a month!  Fast, but oh so fun! 
Aren't they cute?: 




So, I'm happy to add wedding to-do's on my list.  Can't wait!  Tomorrow they're letting me take some 'Engagement pictures"...so fun.  


Anyway, so besides that, we're still juggling a lot of "Adoption" work:


(1) Paperwork seems never-ending.  Hoping to be done with this section this week, because we all have our physicals next week.  Then we could put it all in the mail & keep the ball rolling!  In order for us to be able to submit these sections of paperwork- and move to the next 'adoption step', we need $300 for the app fee & $900 fee for 1/2 of homestudy up front.  So, here comes the 'math': that's $1200 to send with the paperwork.  We have currently fundraised/been donated a total (as of today) of $825!!!  Wow, thanks friends!  So...continued math lesson... that means that we need only $375 before we can mail these 2 sets of paperwork in!  If we're hoping to get that in the mail at the end next week, that's kind of fast.  But, we know it's possible!  



(2) We have already had 3 sippy cups returned for Sippys 4 Siblings!  I'm so impressed...thank you!  *Sidenote: I was dropping G off her church class on Sunday, when I comment to the young man working how sweet the "Sippys 4 Siblings" display is.  He offers me a cup, to which I turn the picture of the flyer around and say, "No, this is us!" Haha, we both laughed.  He proceeded to tell me that the counter was FULL, and that the 5 cups I saw on display were the ONLY ones left!  He said parents were taking them left & right.  Oh my gosh, I had no idea!  So, church family, thank you so, so much.  We really appreciate you!





(3) The Adoption Auction is quickly approaching!  Earlier I announced that our first Adoption Auction online fundraiser will begin next week, on March 1st.  As of now, we have had 8 generous people donate items to our auction!  I am thrilled with what we have to offer. * However, I was hoping to receive a few more things before the auction begins.  So, this is the last week if you have an item that you'd like to donate...please just comment on here or send me an email: peachzyo@hotmail.com  * The second part of this is that we really need to get the word out about the Adoption Auction, so we can reach the most people.  So, if you can, please share our information & blog to others you think may be interested in bidding on items & helping us bring our babies home!  **As I mentioned in a previous post, I'd love to advertise the business/persons donating the item.  I can list their name, number, website, a short description, etc. when I post the item for auction!


Just a few of the items you will find at our auction 
in a few days: 
A rarity: handmade one-of-a-kind envelopes!

Several of these!

A piece of Subway art, printed on canvas, and customized just for YOU!

The maker of the above cuteness has promised a *custom* bib, burp cloth, & onesie set!  
More details to come.  


Finally, recent randomness from our life:

Took Cuban Daddy out for his birthday lunch

Yummy cake! (or so I hear...doh)

Watching the big doggies in the backyard.  
Speaking of, we are really needing to find our sweet, friendly rescued, mix-breed (brother/sister by adoption) dogs a new home.  They are 7 (blonde, male) & 5 (brown, female) years old. There are too many reasons to list right  now.  But they are amazing, loving dogs & great with people.  They have lived their lives together & we want them to stay together. If you or someone you know is interested, please let me know!


 And, yes, I realize that it is completely ridiculous that they are wearing human vests.  But aren't they cute?!


And I'm serious about needing to find them a loving home.
Pretty please?

G decided that it was a perfect day (& it was!) for a picnic.  She found the perfect spot, I made a quick dinner, & then we were back outside to enjoy this amazing *February* weather.  Here are the kids: eating pasta & veggies, enjoying the sunset, listening to birds (& translating their 'conversations'...funny stuff), waving to neighbors, & finding airplanes in the sky.  
I love times like this.  

Fun on our riding toys.  

K got 3 months of gymnastics classes for his birthday!  This was taken at his first class...
which he LOVED!

Saving the best for last?  This is G's drawing on Cuban Daddy's birthday card.  From left to right:
K, Cuban Daddy, G...and God & Jesus.  So glad They were there! ;)  
Not sure where Mommy was though...yikes.


Summary, friends: (Former teacher- I just can't help myself):
* We are $375 away from being able to mail in our packets of paperwork!
* Thanks for working on your Sippys
* Still collecting Adoption Auction items...need to get those in soon.  It begins next week!
* Please help spread the word about our adoption journey...and our upcoming Auction!
* Adorable pair of doggies in need of a loving home soon.

I have mentioned once or twice that I'm in love with these two, right?!

Thanks for all of the love and support.  We are humbled & blessed.
~ 6 in Love ~

2 comments:

  1. So exciting about the money you've raised, and I really hope you can get the rest soon! I will post again on facebook . . . hopefully people will continue to donate. You know who you should talk to? Lane Parker. She raises TONS of money for breast cancer every year and she's an expert at fundraising. She has lots of events that aren't quite as kid friendly (haha) at bars and wine tastings and stuff, but she also does garage sales and just all kinds of stuff that raises money. She's amazing. She hosts a Kick for Causes kickball tournament every year that literally raises THOUSANDS of dollars. Ask her about it on facebook!!! I'm sure she'd be able to help/give you lots of ideas.

    So sad about the doggies! Why do they need a new home? Wish I could help.

    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, sweet Claire. You, my friend, have been a huge help in this process! Great idea to talk to Lane...I will have to do that! Very cool!

    As for the doggies, I'm heartbroken about it. It's really been a long time coming. It's kind of hard to explain, and actually has *nothing* to do with the dogs...they are wonderful, they really are! The hubs works an insane amount...and I'm with the 'toddlers' 24/7. That, added to the adoption process-and ALL that that involves, tight finances, and our house situation (we are maxed out in space) & have tried several solutions on where to put them, etc. They just deserve so much more attention than we can give them right now. Like I said, I am SO sad to do this, but I really feel like this is what has to happen...for them and for us. It's just critically important to me that they don't get split up. Let me know if you know of someone who might be interested!

    Thanks for ALL that you have done to help so far... you have really gone above and beyond! =)

    ReplyDelete