Monday, February 6, 2012

Adoption Auction, Anyone?

Okay guys, so this is what's going on right now-


We are still paperworking (um, what?!) like crazy.  Mounds of paper sit beside me.  Literally.  Cuban Daddy had to catch it from falling off the sofa this morning. Good thing he's fast.


We're talking back in forth between agencies, going through all the steps, making appointments, sending out references, etc.


We're also trying to get the word out- to let everyone know we are trying to bring our two babies home! (I get excited every time I think about it!)  And many have asked how they can help (Muchas gracias, amigos!), so that brings me to the next 'thing' we've been working on...


We're fundraising!!  As you probably know from past posts, the adoption of our new little ones is set to cost over $35,000.  $35,000 that we don't have.  But that's where faith & friends come in. 
             We've already begun our first fundraiser, Sippys 4 Siblings, which we're hoping can be ongoing through much of this process.  (You get a sippy cup & fill it with your spare change.) My kids have already been scooting around the floor looking for coins.  Unfortunately, all they found were old cheerios, Little People, & dust bunnies... (Don't worry, I did 'lead' them to the change pile on my dresser.)  So...if you are interested in doing that, feel free to ask for a sippy...I'll send you one!
        Now, a new fundraising announcement!  The Adoption Auction.  So, this is a shout out to those of you who are:  crafty. or creative. or own your own business. or own something special that you want to get off your hands. or know how to get stuff for free (ahem...you guys know who you are).  Our next fundraising effort involves any friends or family or strangers (B/c I know there are those of you out there that don't even know us personally, but believe in what we're doing.  And we are humbled and thankful for you!) who would like to donate an item to us.  We will then auction it off on our blog!  ALL proceeds will then go towards, what else, but adoption fees!   So, just a few ideas: something you or a friend has made (paintings, blankets, burp cloth/bib sets...), a service that you provide (printing, sewing...), a gift card to a restaurant or store, a product of any kind, tickets to an event, a vacation deal (thinking big, right?!).  Nothing's too small...everything is appreciated!  *Also, I'd love to advertise your business (if you want) while auctioning your donated item.*  So, if this fundraiser appeals to you, please just let me know! 

And a little dose of cuteness to end the night:





















Thanks & looking forward to what you guys come up with!
~ 6 in Love ~

12 comments:

  1. Great ideas!

    I'd love to have a sippy cup and will have my children gather change.

    I'd also love to link up to you on my Facebook business page. Just a simple link, letting them know about your quest.....perhaps you'd get some help? Let me know if you'd like for me to!

    www.facebook.com/momslittlesecrets

    -Casey (Bicostally sent me!)
    starnesco@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Casey- you are too kind! I would LOVE for your to share our story on your Facebook business page! I'll be sure to "like" your page myself. : I'll email you for the address to send the sippy. Without people like you, we wouldn't be able to bring our babies home...thank you so much!!!

      Delete
  2. Hi! Casey is my bloggy friend. Our family would love to have a cup.

    The Leader Family
    1511 S.W. 25th Street
    Lincoln, NE 68522

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jodee- Thank you so much! I appreciate that more than you know! I'll put one in the mail this week. THANKS!!

      Delete
  3. what a beautiful thing you are doing for sweet siblings that will someday be your babies! i'm glad our friend Claire blogged about this-- because I had to donate something. My father is actually on a church mission trip to Honduras and the images of everything is breath-taking, especially the children. They delivered clothes and food to poor villages and my Dad said they thought he was Santa Claus ;), beard and all. Amazing-- amazing what you are doing! I'm glad there are people like you in the world xo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Micaela, for your kind words & amazing donation! It's because of people like you that we can make this happen. I love that your dad is doing that right now!! Do they have a site where we can see what they're doing there? I'd love to see pictures, etc. Thanks for everything! =)

      Delete
  4. just heard about this thru micaela! this is awesome to hear, and i hope the best for all of you and that everything goes smoothly! i probably have stuff i'd like to get off my hands (sometimes i fear i'm a lowkey hoarder, haha) and so hopefully i can remember to shoot some handmade goodies your way. feel free to email me your mailing address and i can send stuff off to you :D (sbelen@student.rcc.edu)

    xoxo,
    belen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belen, that would be amazing! Wow, what a sweet gift! Thanks so much for caring and being so willing to share with us. I'll email you my address. Thanks!!!

      Delete
  5. Hi there! I have an etsy shop... http://www.moncy3.etsy.com handmade stationery I can donate a couple of stationery sets to be auctioned off. Let me know if this will help you.

    claudiaaguilar_99@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claudia, your stuff is beautiful!! What talent! We would LOVE to have a couple of stationery sets for the auction...that would be wonderful! I'll email you. Thank you!

      Delete
  6. I think I will follow you because I like your cause and would love to follow you on your journey!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Claudia. It is sure to be a crazy journey! But so well worth it.

      Delete