Saturday, August 18, 2012

End of Summer Summary

Okay, so major blogging slacker.  Sorry!  We've had a busy summer, as you know.  As it's coming to an end, here's a summary of what we've been up to (in photos, as usual) 
the past couple of weeks:

Voting (as they always do w/ me):
 

Training for the Olympics...sprints. 

...and swimming w/ our fun cousins & Auntie:
(check out G's face...haha!) 
Oh, and just our last time in the pool did she actually learn to swim under the water all by herself.  I don't know who was more proud...me or her! *Show you pics of that later.*

Going on adventures & having fun: 


Gymnastics (G is bridging in red): 

Meeting up w/ college friends who came in town: 

Practicing his "Daddy skills" (or big brother skills??) 

Eating.  Would a post be complete w/out mention of this? 

Hairstylin': 

Driving.  Lots of driving.  And this day the weather was actually nice! (aka: not scorching)
Please, God, an early & long Fall!!! 

Posing.  B/c that's what she loves. ;) 

Mini-Biebs  

Cashing in coins!!  (* Yes, we are still collecting Sippys 4 Siblings cups!  
And it still helps & we need it.  We are still having adoption fees along the way, 
and every little bit helps & is appreciated!) 

Watching the Olympics!  We made pallets to watch the Opening ceremony...and they waved their mini-American flags.  They loved it!  I DVR'd all of the gymnastics events b/c that's what all 4 of us loved watching.  The kids were really into it, asking questions, practicing moves, haha.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Togetherness:

K got into trouble (no major shocker, poor little guy) & after coming out of time out, he ran, crying, to his Sissy.  And she held him like this til he calmed down.  I mean, out of control sweet.  She has always taken care of him like this, and he loves it.  But the past few days, he's been returning the favor w/ several episodes of "Leave my sistuh alone!!" (Stepping up to a crowd of 9 year olds that got too close at the playground, pulling her away from play-wrestling, climbing on top of her to protect her, etc.)  It's been so cute to see...I love it!  Did I fail to mention she didn't really need 'saving' during these moments of bravery?!  I was proud anyway. ;) 

Cutest lunch dates ever. 

Making art together: 

Hanging out & heading out: 

The bond continues.  K told me insisted I leave the room so his Sistuh could tuck him in.
It's okay, I feel the love. 
------------------------------------------------------------------
Sooo....these should really go w/ the first part of the blog.  The organization perfectionist in me is driven crazy by this.  The sleep deprived mom in me is forced to let it go:
----------------------------

The kids and I took advantage of our 'free time' and took a day trip out of state to visit some of our good friends!  We had such a fun, low key, home-baked-goods filled trip. (Thanks, Rebecca!)  We really had a blast & the kids are still talking about their "road trip to visit their friends."  =)

Does anyone else see a little love connection here? 


Apple eating (Oh, I can't WAIT for fall!) 

My parents were away for several weeks, and as soon as they returned, look who couldn't wait to go visit!  Movie, popcorn, and lots of spoiling going on here... 

4 year old Miss Creativity came up w/ this hair design on her own.  Yes, she instructed me every step of the way, and this was the end result.  I thought it was cute! ;) 

Shut the front door.  Cuban Daddy & I had a lunch date.  Just us.  Could it be?! 

This week has been extra fun b/c instead of the usual, super-late wake up time of 6:00 am, K has woken at 5:00 am.  For.the.rest.of.the.day.  Okay, so he'll go down for a 30 min- 1 hr nap.  But that's it.  And boy, have we all been a little more tired. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

G starts school next week, and she's so excited.  Way more excited than I am.  Boo.  I love, love my angel & want to be w/ her all I can.  I don't wanna share. She made her countdown chain & has laid out outfits for the first week, so I guess we're ready  going through with it.

My attempt at creative, yet useful gifts for G's teachers on the first day of school.
Bunches of colored pens & colored markers tied w/ ribbon...
with the flowers G picked to go w/ them.
Cuban Daddy had one week of vacation left (that 'expired'? this month).  So, we used my parents' time share & found an incredible deal in Florida (aka: price of one week = what'd you'd pay for one night.  Oh yeah!)   We headed down for a week to spend time with CD's family, and had so much fun.  His dad is not in good health, and that is really hard for us to see.  :(  
Vacay post to come...
-------------------------------------------------

Exciting  *Adoption* news!!!!!!!

Our Home Study Agency mailed us our FINAL approved Home Study!!!  Why is this so exciting?  We've been waiting on this official copy for a while now.  We can't file our I-600A forms w/o it.  And once we mail this form off, it takes about 2 months to get the final approval back  (we are petitioning the US Government to bring orphans into this country).  Only upon receiving the I-600A approval can we mail our Dossier.  Does this make sense??  Not sure if I explained that well.  So, we have the forms ready to go, and should be able to get them in the mail Monday!  Then, we'll use those 2 months of waiting to complete our Dossier.  That way, by the time the I-600A approval comes back to us, we'll be ready to get our Dossier approved and sent off.  Oh the sweet day...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Catching Up, 

~ 6 in Love ~


No comments:

Post a Comment