Friday, August 23, 2013

Dossier (Almost) Honduran Approved

That's right.  ALMOST.

The good news: Our Dossier is in Honduras & has been translated.  All has been approved as well(!)....except they are requiring two more documents...

The bad news:   
*1* We have to have a complete bloodwork/labs done on G & K.  The Honduran agency is requiring *everyone* to have this done.  Cuban Daddy & I already did; we weren't told that G & K needed it too.  I'm totally bummed that this is one more delay...and I find it somewhat ridiculous.  However, nothing can be done about that.  I HATE to have to do that to the babies.  Please pray...I'm dreading it for them!  However, I know that this gets us one step closer to babies #3 & #4....and we'll do what it takes to bring them home.  I also think about how much they have, or they will have, gone through by the time they get to us. SO much worse, I'm sure. And they'll be doing it all w/o a Mommy to comfort, hold, and cry with them.  W/o a Mommy to ease the pain with the promises of ice cream & playgrounds.  We can do this.  *2* The other thing they are asking for...which, again, makes no sense to me....is photos of the new babies' beds & in which room they'll be in.  Hmm.  We will likely be waiting around 3 years for them to come home...and don't know how old they'll be, but we need their beds set up in their rooms now.  Gotcha.  Again, it is what it is.  Complaining won't help.  So, we'll figure that one out as well.  

Hoping to take the babies for bloodwork on Monday.  We're waiting to hear back from the Ped about that.  Will figure out the bed/room thing this weekend.  Scan both in/email to our agency in TX.  She'll then send to Honduras to FINALLY complete our Dossier approval (thank you, Jesus!)  

I was really, really hoping to be on the offical WaitList by this August meeting.  I'm guessing it'll be September?  So close I can almost taste it!  C'mon, babies!

*** If you're just following us, we have been told we will be on the wait list for 2-4 years (and we've already done 1 1/2 yrs of paperwork and waiting).  So, this is a LONG process!   I'm believing in God's perfect timing, but really praying for speed here.***

Not to mention that 3 yr old K has been asking 'When do we get another baby?' 'I want a baby now.'  'We're getting a real one, right?' (as opposed to one of his sister's dolls, haha) ...all totally out of the blue.  We haven't talked to him about this recently AT ALL.  He's so ready to be a big brother.  I hate he has to wait too.  :(  * But the best question he asked regarding the babies:  "When are they hatching?"  Hahaha.  Um, too much Dinosaur Train?  


So...hopefully we'll have an Adoption Status/Wait List Update to post in a month or so!

(Also, I'm a little behind on posts w/ family vacay & beginning of school busyness....will try to rewind a bit & update soon!)


~ 6 in Love ~

Let's do this.


2 comments:

  1. (: ....Dinosaur train dinasaur train we're gonna riiiddde the dinasaur train! :P hehe ...I cant wait for these baby Cousins to come! (: - Jessica M. (your niece)hehe

    ReplyDelete