Saturday, May 4, 2013

Abuela Visits!

My mother-in-law came to visit and stayed with us for 3 weeks this Spring.  We all enjoyed her company!  She's an inspirational, wise, and funny woman.  I learn so much about her as we spend time together.  *She and my father in law have the most incredible life stories to tell!* She came to know the Lord in Cuba when she was about 15.  She felt called to be a pastor/an evangelist.  So, at this young age, she began witnessing on the streets.  She would eventually have a nightly crowd, so she would then start a church.  She lived in very difficult situations and environments, but she said the Lord always provided and always protected her.  She traveled all over the country for 3 years, ministering to people and starting churches.  She also attended Bible College there, which is where she met my late father-in-law.  
The story of how they came to America is long and absolutely incredible.  I won't attempt to tell it now, but it is one of heroism and amazing faith.  My husband, 'Cuban Daddy,' was 4 at the time they left Cuba.  I am often thankful of she and my father-in-law's journey, hard work, faith, and devotion to get to where they are now.  And I'm so thankful that the Lord brought two people from such different walks of life, and allowed us to attend the same college the same semester... and eventually meet on the beach one Spring Break day.  =)  

We enjoyed spending time with you, Mami/Abuela!
Our dinner date out... steaks all around!

Abuela with my maternal grandparents

With the babies

Out and about, family time one Saturday

She showed me some old photos of when she was young, and I took pics of my phone.
I thought these were great!  She was a teenager here, attending Bible college.


And this one actually shows both her and my father in law!
(He is center guy, back row.  She is the girl on the left, in the row of three girls.) 

She's the shorty, 2nd from left.  Isn't she pretty?! 

And I think she looks so much like my niece here!
(2nd from left, white shirt) 

Exciting news!  
Things have changed since the passing of Cuban Daddy's dad back in October.  It seems that his mom will get to move up to Georgia & be near us, beginning in September!

~ 6 in Love ~


No comments:

Post a Comment